XY Pad relative Mode

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
simon9220

Hi,

I bought a Gamepad to controll moving fixtures with it. It's analog stick is sending a value of 127 if it is in center, if you push it, it goes up to 255 or down to 0.

The problem is: The xy-pad uses the Inputs as absolute position, which is not usable in this situation.

The idea: Writing some code, which increments the value (pan or tilt) with an increasing speed proportional to the input value of the stick axes.

What I've done: I made a little C# programm which gets the stick values through ArtNet from QLC+. It increments or decrements the value of pan and tilt and sends it back to QLC+ via ArtNet. It works with a Timer of 30ms interval, each Timer event is used to manipulate the DMX Value acording to the value of the analog stick.

What I'd like to have:
I'm not familar with the QLC+ Code and with Qt programming, which is the reason for the C# approach. I will post the C# class. I hope you want to integrate this algorithm in the code of the XY Pad, so that the user can decide either if he wants an absolute or a relative setting, this would just be perfect.

Happy Easter :)

PS: Please rename this ".qxw"-File to .cs. The Forum didn't allow me to upload the class.
IntegrateValue.cs.qxw
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
paktani

Hi Simon. What you need it's already avaiable in QLC+. You need to go in the input profile of your controller and assign to X - Y channels the type "slider". Then you must set the "relative" mode there and you are ready to go: the XY Pad will go "relative" following the input value. Adjust sensitivity in that window for increase/decrease speed of relative movement.

I've already did this last year for a show using two moving heads with my gamepad :P
See the attached screenshot!

edited for typos
Attachments
inputprofile_relative.png
simon9220

F****, just so easy? -.-
Thank you verry much :)