MIDI Feedback & Touch OSC MIDI Bridge

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
jonseale

I'm a heavy duty user of QLC+, I run a large, multi-house Halloween show using QLC+ as the center of the "universe". Relays, Lights, Servos, etc.

I drive it all on a Mac with MIDI from another application. I started with Ableton Live, because of its multi-channel audio and its simple ability to lay a video into the timeline (I also used a projector) and show the video full screen. I outgrew this, because I wanted multiple projectors. I'm now using QLAB to playback all the audio, video, and MIDI-QLC+. I have three projectors, and 8 channels of surround audio.

Here's where I'm challenged and maybe someone can help. QLC+ simply doesn't see the OCS MIDI Bridge as a MIDI device. I always have to loop through another app to get MIDI out for feedback. I use OSC on my iPad to monitor everything and do a bit of show control. I'm working on a live/interactive segment with a live actor and an animatronic skeleton, and lag is my enemy.

All my other apps: Ableton, Cubase, etc, see the MIDI Bridge just fine, but it's not there in QLC+. It may well be that the Bridge app isn't itself fully compliant with the Mac's MIDI framework, but I haven't found another app that cannot see it.

Also, if anyone wants to chat about their MIDI/Holiday/Halloween/Tinkering, I'm always looking for folks to compare notes with, it gets rather lonely in my little laboratory, and I only come out on Halloween. :-)
plugz

Hello,

QLC+ can receive and send OSC, why do you go through a midi bridge ?
jonseale

The show control software sends out MIDI Data. All of my widgets in QLC are MIDI driven. I use a MIDI sequencer to record and edit all the data. Everything is natively MIDI, so I use the bridge.

I've found that using Network MIDI Sessions (CoreMIDI) rather than the Bridge, eliminates the issue, those sessions to appear in QLC+, however they have no name in QLC+. I'll take the lack of name over not appearing, but both of these may fixable in the MIDI module.
kermit 2016-03-17 at 6.39.41 PM.png