My last job

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
mitscherdinger

Hi there!

I did have some intense jobs, lately, using QLCplus. Besides that I had a chance to let other people work with my setup. In the end, I guess, the experience wasn't perfect in every aspect, but in comparison with other lightning desks and the learning curve you have with every new tool, QLCplus wasn't that bad!

Still, I have some questions and suggestions that maybe make things easier…

(Just to make that clear: This time I used an old dell-netbook with a first-generation-atom-cpu on debian testing and the QLCplus-version 4.10.2)

* First of all: I've experienced that my MIDI-controller (BFC 2000) failed to work, after some time. Not, if it was used all the time, but especially when I left the controller alone, sometime. (Could be just 5 minutes.) I never had that trouble in older versions of QLCplus, but that could be luck. Have you had similar issues?

* If you have a MIDI-controller like the BFC 2000 connected and setup a multi page frame for it, you always have to switch the page up and down to work properly. Is there a way to get around this? For all the technicians I presented QLCplus to this was a quite anoying issue.

* Is it possible to devide a 12-channel-dimmer into single lights in the 2D-view of the fixture monitor?

Greets!
Mitsch

PS.There will be another donation, once I get paid... :)
RikSolo

mitscherdinger wrote: * Is it possible to devide a 12-channel-dimmer into single lights in the 2D-view of the fixture monitor?
As long as you add the channels from the dimmer as 12 separate "generic" fixtures, you should be fine. these can be found under patch > add > Generic. When using a dimmer, it's better to think in fixtures than in dmx devices. If you have a 12-channel dimmer, and you have 12 lights attached, you have 12 separate lights you want to control, so you should add them as those 12 separate lights.
mitscherdinger

RikSolo wrote:As long as you add the channels from the dimmer as 12 separate "generic" fixtures, you should be fine.
I know I can 12 seperate dimmers instead to keep the 2D view clear but this will confuse the look of f.e. the fixture-view.
It's alright to bundle a LED-Bar - it's one device with multiple light-sources, but using 1 dimmerpack in one bar with f.e. 12 spotlights is a relative seldom task. If it is not possible to freely devite a dimmerpack into seperate spots in QLCplus, then this one's on my wishlist… :)
rudi wrote:1. Going to operate mode you always need to switch page forward and back in multipage frame or else no reaction from bcf2000.
Well, this seems to be different in Linux: QLCplus will react, but if I increase the value of f.e. the first Fader all values on all first faders on all pages are increased, unless I switch up and down.

Greets!
Mitsch
mitscherdinger

mitscherdinger wrote:I know I can 12 seperate dimmers instead to keep the 2D view clear but this will confuse the look of f.e. the fixture-view.
Oh! Didn't mean the "fixture-view" but the "functions view" - f.e. if I want to change the settings of a scene it's easier to change one value if the dimmerpack is bundled. With 24 seperate fixtures for two 12-channel dimmerpacks the GUI will just show a "…" for every fixture.
rudi

Hi Mitsch,

On Win10 and qlc 4.10.3 I confirm these issues.

1. Going to operate mode you always need to switch page forward and back in multipage frame or else no reaction from bcf2000.
2. BCF2000 stops reacting after leaving it unattended for a while.
3. Also encoder knobs in multipage won't go back to the status they were in the previous page. The encoder leds will change back but dmx output stays the same.
4. Button leds won't stay lit if you press then for an on/off scene. They will lit if you press the button in the VC on screen.

Nevertheless great software. Thanks to all the authors and contributors.

Regards,

Rudi
Attachments
showfull.qxw
(160.39 KiB) Downloaded 62 times