idea: Tap feedback

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Tasaei

Hi,

just a short idea.

for some Matrix i have a external tap (x-touch behringer , Daw controller), this works by the speed dial widget.

The light of the external knob always lightens when it's pushed and also when its actived by feedback of QLC+ (of course).

Would it be possible let the speed dial widget give a feedback signal to the external input tap with the speed of the tapped time?
So The button would light up in the speed of the tapped time?

LG tasaei

(p.s. yes i know, its possible without that. Just put in the speed dial widget a chaser with a generic lamp which doesn't exist isn real. The Chaser ist just "on-Off". Now create a slider with that lamp, put the external tap button as external input on this slider and be happy, works but isn't a very nice solution :D)
volmar

This is a thing I forgot to ask but to me it would be useful.
Also the possibility to manage led feedback for x2, /2 and reset keys would rock in many live environments.

<3 you QLC+
siegmund

Hey guys,

I'd really love this feature! Your workaround is quite a good idea but it will only work as long as you don't use the wheel or the plus/minus buttons in the speed dial widget.
So my idea would be to also make the tap button always blink with the actual speed and send this as feedback to the physical controls.
I remember there already was a pull request regarding the tap feedback on github - maybe one of the developers could have a look into this? Would be great, thanks in advance! :)
Tasaei

Yes, that would be great!
siegmund

Maybe this will finally come true.
In collaboration with enbyted, I created a pull request. If you are able to build from sources, you could give the "improve-speeddial" branch from here a try: https://github.com/siegmund42/qlcplus/t ... -speeddial

Have fun! (:
siegmund