Q Light Controller Plus Output not working on Mac

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Speakermaniac16

Hello,
I am new to this forum and just recently got Q Light controller Plus for my Macbook Pro. I have been spending quite a bit of time trying to get something to work on this program. I have a uDMX dongle type connection and I have it connected. It says the DMX frame frequency is 30hz and system timer accuracy which is rated at good. I figure this means everything should be working. The dmx signal light on my mini led mover is blinking indicating that signal is being sent. However I cannot seem to get the mover to do anything. I don't know why, but hoping I can get some help from some experienced users here. Is there a way to just have a preset type of thing go through the system like a controller just to see if everything is functioning correctly. I have been using tutorials and none are helping. Please help!
Speakermaniac16

I just came across something, so it appears that when I go to my input output list and click my uDMX option and ask it to rescan the hardware and then recheck the check box, then go to simple desk I can control the mover, but for some reason its only for a limited time and then it just stops working and I can't control it anymore. What could this be. Hope this gives insight on the problem. I don't think its my USB-DMX dongle because obviously it sending signal as it works, it may be a lc program bug maybe. any help would be great.
thomas.e

I also have a uDMX-USB-Controller on a Mac and see a similar problem while using a single LED-PAR.
After about 30 sec the light of the PAR remains on one color. The Virtual Console is still active and shows the changing colors, but the LED-PAR is "frozen" to the one color. Close QLC+ and restart it makes the lights responsive again, but only for another 30 sec.
If I had another controller (not a uDMX one) I could do some tests...
Maybe it is an interaction problem between QLC+ and the controller, but of course it also may any kind of Mac or OS-Version specific problem with the USB dongle.
Sorry, no solution at this moment, but you're not alone...

thomas