ArtNet Problems

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
simon9220

Hello folks,

I use QLC+ with Ulrich Radig's Quad ArtNet Box, one Universe is used as Input, the other three are output.

Here are my problems:
- The ArtNet-Plugin stops getting input data, when an ArtNet output is set on the same IP-Adress --> I used to run Linux, so I just defined more adresses to my Nic, but now a good friend wants to use the same setup on a Windows machine Is there any way to process In- and Output on the same Adress? A normal UDP Socket would be able to do that, but I have no idea how it was implemented.

- Mr. Radig made some Changes to his controller Firmware, so the ArtNet-Data is now sent via the Net-Broadcast Adress (This would be 192.168.1.255 for the 192.168.1.0 net with a 255.255.255.0 Subnetmask), QLC+ won't process this data, it works, when the send adress is set to 255.255.255.255 on the node. QLC doesn't recognize unicast ArtNet packets, too. Why does the software this extreme filtering? It took me some hours to find this problem and do the workaround for it...

Thanks for your help!

Simon
plugz

Hello,

Please try the TEST versions available in the forum, as changes have been made to the ArtNet plugin.
simon9220

Thank you! It's working fine :)