Doing Something Wrong?

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
RayArt

Hi, I am completely new to DMX and to QLC Plus. To start me off I purchased a LED Magic Ball and a USB - DMX Interface. I am having difficulty setting up a Fixture for the Magic Ball. I have attached some screen shots to try and show you my problem. In the Fixture Editor I am creating 5 channels for the device but when I add the Fixture in the main QLC program it is only showing 1 channel. Please can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Your help would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Screen Shot 3.png
Screen Shot 2.png
Screen Shot 1.png
plugz

You have to create a fixture mode too.
RayArt

Thank you, that worked. Although this devise has 5 channels, with channel 5 controlling the Motor and Speed, it seems to have allocated this function to channel 6 with 5 now controlling the strobing. Is it usual to find an extra channel. Thanks again for your help.
plugz

RayArt wrote:Thank you, that worked. Although this devise has 5 channels, with channel 5 controlling the Motor and Speed, it seems to have allocated this function to channel 6 with 5 now controlling the strobing. Is it usual to find an extra channel. Thanks again for your help.
you mean on the fixture itself or on QLC+ fixture defintion ? Share the fixture definition you created here if you believe there is an issue with it, someone may be able to help you fix it