What do the symbols mean in 3D view?

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
kchroma

Hello:

I run into various mounting styles of moving lights. For example, sometimes they're on the floor, on a vertical truss and hanging upside down. I often have to program Pan/Tilt on location, when I can see the actual lights and what they really do. After watching the latest tutorial that uses an expensive 3D modeling program, I went back to the QLC way of looking at it.

I'm trying to get better at pre visualizing what I'm programming in QLC+, 3D window and using the limit settings for movement in the virtual console X/Y pad. I have a difficult time trying to figure out the direction of icons and pan/tilt indicators in the 3D window.

Here are the questions: Do the light fixture icons have a front, back, top, bottom orientation to them? How do you identify that orientation? Do the sweeps, indicating pan and tilt, change their orientation relative to the icon, or just change their length of sweep? The last question meant if I wanted to see the pan motion indicated in front of the light instead of to the side or rear, would I be able to tell?

Thanks,

Paul
kchroma

A clarification to the question above. It's 2D, not 3D I was referring to in every instance.
Thanks,
Paul