Redundant backup tracking of Qlc+ using MIDI?

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
kchroma

Hello:

I'm considering running QLC+ on two computers at the same time with an active, A/B, switcher for backup. I'm running three universes for the corporate show I'm doing. I've done some research about master/slave or redundant tracking of one lighting console to a backup console. They seem to use MIDI signals to accomplish this. Currently, I have to run both computers at the same time, to make sure they are at the same point of the show if something fails and the A/B switch takes over. It would be nice if the backup computer, running QLC + , could automatically shadow the prime computer program through MIDI signals.

Is it possible to use MIDI to do the same thing with QLC+? If so, how would I accomplish it? I'm currently using enttec MKll Dmx boxes which have MIDI in and outs as well as DMX.

Thanks,

Paul
Mihai Andrei

more than MIDI signal to DMX, you must have a DMX merge in HTP mode which has two inputs and one output DMX ... and a splitter to send MIDI from one controller to both computers the same commands
Example: Computer A sends on channel 2 the value 23 if it crashes, the computer B in the scene change will send the value of 129 as the scene .. at this point the DMX merger will do its job without having to share anything .. sending out to the fixture the highest value of two inputs ..