Some Ideas.

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
nbkdnz0r

Hey guys,

wasn't able to find something similar in the forum, so i decided to start a new thread.

i think it would be great to make it possible, that you can change from single to the normal frame after you created one. maybe just with one click in the options menu of the frame. at the moment you have to make a new frame and copy or cut every button in the old to the new one.

the next thing is, that you can't make frames smaller with the buttons (or anything else) in it go smaller, too. at the moment everything keeps its size. this maybe could be possible with shift+clicking on the frame. so everything in it will keep the aspect of the actual frame, if you know what i mean. couldn't describe it any better, since i'm german and my english is not the best.

another thing is, i create the show on my computer and then move it to my laptop because i operate from there, wenn i finished the show. the screen resolution of my laptop is smaller than the one on my computer screen. i know that you can set up the resolution of the virtual console in the menu, but it would be a relief, if you could move things outside the defined frame. so you can organize with ease or just hide buttons from the seen workplace when the show is started, and not have to hide it behind other buttons or frames. so i think that it would be great, if the in the virtual console options defined frame (height and lenght in pixels) would take place and be visible as it is at the moment, but you could move everything beyond the borders. and if you click the start button the rest just grays out or disappears (but is clickable with mapped buttons and working as it would be inside the frame) and the frame moves in the middle of the screen.

and my last point is, that the plus and minus button from the speed dial frame should be mappable. i work with an ableton push or some other midi interfaces from akai. i want to change the time after i tapped it relatively to the tapped value and not absolute within the set millisecounds. at the moment i just can send some midi values from 0 to 127 or 255 and that will activate the respective value within the range i determined. so if the last value sent is like 25 from 255 and the time determined is between 1 and 1000 ms then the new value is anywhere near 1s. now when i tap a new time it takes this time. but when i move the rotary control after this it starts from 25 because the last value there was 25.

i hope you know what i mean. if not, please respond and i will try to explain it again.

thanks for your work on qlc+. it's really the best free dmx software i know and have ever seen..
nbkdnz0r

to continue my last thought with the relative rotary control, it would be great, if you could map just one encoder to all tap-times from chasers, matrices, and so on. and by rotating the controller only the last changed value is changed. so you just need 3 rotary controllers. one for fade in, one for fade out and one for the time the scene is active. and maybe another one for overall time. so if the music slows down you can grab all times and slow them down by just one encoder. this would be a great feature.

also surely useful would be if you could tap not just the time of a step, but also tap the time of a complete run-through of an animation. so some animations like wave or stripes and so on completes and repeats in the tapped time..

hope you guys know what i'm talking about. :D

another great thing would be something like a matrix editor or. so you can manual edit and create your own animations and share with the community.