[FIXED] Two LTP bugs

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
siegmund

Hi,

I possibly spotted another two bugs related to LTP. I attached a simple workspace to illustrate the problem. Please note that all channels of the fixture are set to LTP.

First, a RGB click&go widget only reacts when moving its slider. Selecting a color by mouse-click does not affect the DMX values (not expected). When moving the slider, the new values are adopted and edited according to the sliders position (as expected).

Second, when having a slider in level mode controlling a LTP channel, I'm not able to remote control this slider with my MIDI Controller. Dragging with the mouse works fine, but its not possible on my BCF2000 unless I'm applying force to the surface. It seems that the feedback is preventing that. Try this with the "int" slider in my workspace.
EDIT: When disabling Feedback for the MIDI device there is no problem to take control of the slider, so this is definitely related to feedback.
Attachments
LTP bugs.qxw
(3.07 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by siegmund on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janosvitok

So far:

ad 1) if you bring the fader down to 0, choosing color works again once. There is a problem indeed.

ad 2) NEVER EVER combine MIDI universe and FIXTURE universe (unless you know what you are doing).
Try this: patch fixtures to Universe 1; patch BCF to universe 2. It will work as intended.

Explanation: QLC+ sends both DMX output and MIDI feedback to the same MIDI port in your workspace.
siegmund

janosvitok wrote:So far:

ad 1) if you bring the fader down to 0, choosing color works again once. There is a problem indeed.
Yes, it's even enough to move the fader a bit and then choosing color works again once, too.
janosvitok wrote:ad 2) NEVER EVER combine MIDI universe and FIXTURE universe (unless you know what you are doing).
Try this: patch fixtures to Universe 1; patch BCF to universe 2. It will work as intended.

Explanation: QLC+ sends both DMX output and MIDI feedback to the same MIDI port in your workspace.
I didn't thought about that enough so I supposed there is no problem as long as I don't select any DMX out/in.
Thanks for your hint!
siegmund

siegmund wrote:
janosvitok wrote:So far:

Yes, it's even enough to move the fader a bit and then choosing color works again once, too.
Could someone please have a look into this? It's a really important functionality I have to pass on at the moment.
mcallegari

#1 fixed on GIT
siegmund

mcallegari wrote:#1 fixed on GIT
Works great, thanks for fixing!

Since #2 only was related to combined MIDI and DMX universe and this is pretty good documented to not combine that this is not a bug but my incompetency :roll: