Idea: Lua for script functions?

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Codeman

Hi all,

this is just a fix idea: I played a little bit with scripts and thought that it would be nice to have some more options to write nice scripts. But creating a complete new parser and script engine maybe beyond the scope of QLC+. So my idea is to use an extendible and existinging script-engine like Lua.

I really don't know how difficult it maybe to add Lua as a script object. Perhaps some of the coding cracks can estimate if this idea is worth to test?

Regards, Holger
rodem

Hi, Just want to let you know that I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately it is beyond my capablities.
siegmund

+1 for this. With powerful scripts and the help of the loopback plugin you are able to do almost everything, this is so nice!
Codeman

Hi all,

I've just started a little test with a current checkout of QLC+. I added the main control function of lua and linked against liblua. This works fine. So the hard work will be to write C/C++ implementations for lua functions and "connect" the QLC+-editor with the lua interpreter.

I just have not much time free for working on this, but until then the specification of this sub-project can be done.

Regards, Holger