Is it possible to crossfade between animations?

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
fooschnickens

I have several RGB matrices set up for my pars and made an animation widget in the VC to control each of them. That is all well and good, but switching from one matrix to another is kinda sloppy without using a touchscreen.

Is it possible to create a crossfader between two animations, or two frames of animations? I've piddled around with it and haven't come up with anything that would work since my knowledge of the program is still somewhere between novice and intermediate.
plugz

Cue List ?

Solo Frame in slider mixing mode ?
fooschnickens

plugz wrote:Cue List ?

Solo Frame in slider mixing mode ?
To my knowledge you can't add animations to a cue list, only chasers. That was my first guess to making this happen.

I'll have to research that other option a bit, I've only just begun delving into the alternate modes that some widgets have so it may be easier to give me a quick explanation that I can test when I get home from work.
plugz

The Cue List option means having a chaser in the cue list, and the 2 matrices are 2 steps of the chaser.

solo frame: There's a gif explaning it there:
http://qlcplus.org/release-4.10.0.html

I think is only works with sliders, not Animation Widget, but you can have both a slider and an animation widget connected to the same matrix, it's should not be an issue.
fooschnickens

plugz wrote:The Cue List option means having a chaser in the cue list, and the 2 matrices are 2 steps of the chaser.

solo frame: There's a gif explaning it there:
http://qlcplus.org/release-4.10.0.html

I think is only works with sliders, not Animation Widget, but you can have both a slider and an animation widget connected to the same matrix, it's should not be an issue.
Cool, I'll give that a shot, I think I see how I can get it to work properly. I really should start bringing my Surface with me to work, pesky group policies prevent me from installing anything on my work PC.

Someone really needs to make an advanced series of videos to compliment Massimo's beginner tutorials. There are so many features in this program that are just begging to be shown off in more than a changelog!
fooschnickens

Solo sliders got it done, thanks for the nudge in the right direction. It would be super cool to be able to put the animation widgets in a solo frame to have their sliders act in a similar fashion, would greatly reduce the amount of clutter in my VC.
plugz

fooschnickens wrote:Solo sliders got it done, thanks for the nudge in the right direction. It would be super cool to be able to put the animation widgets in a solo frame to have their sliders act in a similar fashion, would greatly reduce the amount of clutter in my VC.
You can now do this in 4.10.3
rudi

Hi,

On my touchscreen laptop with a BCF2000 I don't use solo frames.
I use one fader for each effect. I crossfade manually. A 3th fader is a 'solo' channel with a submaster. I have a play/pause button and flash solo button.
While the first fader plays I select the next effect on fader 2 and I crossfade between.
I do 2 rockshows almost every weekend. I never know what the bands play. So I busk the hell out of it.
Maybe this is helpfull for you.

Regards,

Rudi
Attachments
bcf2000.png
plugz

I think his main issue was that with a mouse or a touchpad, you can only move one fader at a time :) thus the soloframe in mixing mode
rudi

Ok, I understand. But I wanted to give an exemple to help him.
Minimum set up for a show is touchscreen and bcf2000, I think.

Regards,

Rudi