Miss Behaving DMX Controls

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
michilson

Hey guys I am a DJ and looking for this software to become my main software.

Setup:
AKAI APC Mini Control Interface
DMX output ARTNET

I will do my best to explain what i am doing if anyone wants to see my show file I can Share that with you.

Fixtures list (Currently)

DMX CH Fixture CHANNEL LIST
1-4 ADJ DJ SCAN 250 PAN,TILT,COLOR WHEEL, GOBO
5-8 ADJ DJ SCAN 250 PAN, TILT, COLOR WHEEL, GOBO
9-11 CHAUVET MEGA TRIX PATTERN, SPEED, STROBE
12-14 CHAUVET MEGA TRIX PATTERN, SPEED, STROBE
15-21 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
22-28 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
39-35 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
36-42 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
43-49 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
50-56 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
57-63 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
64-70 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
71-77 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER
78-84 STAGE APE HAMPSTER GREEN, RED, BLUE, COLOR MACRO, COLOR SPEED, STROBE, DIMMER

Issue:

In Virtual Console I have a Multi Page Frame (Fixture groups: DJ Scan's, Mega Trix, Hampsters)

Then within that frame I have a Multi Page Sub Frame (Fixtures Paired, Left Fixture, Right Fixture)

Within each of the sub frame's I have a Button Matrix 8x8 and a 9 Slider Matrix.

I am controlling the fixtures single Channels on each slider. (IE Slider1 = Both Scanner Pan's Slider2 = Both Tilt Channels) and so on for each fixture group.

But I am getting bleed (One or two fixtures react when their page isn't active. Is there a way to eliminate that?

This is very frustrating to be trying to setup pages of fixtures without having the ability to group things up cleanly.
michilson

To clarify this is only on the sliders channels. I included a couple pics of the Console I'm trying to build and the issue I'm having. In the slider property you can see that hamster#6 isn't checked.
Attachments
Console 3.png
Console 2.png
Console.png
janosvitok

Please post your qxw file.

Note also that controls on non-visible pages are still active - so before switching pages you have to pull sliders to 0.
michilson

I don't like that. And that actually doesn't seem to be the case most of the time.

I switch pages and move the faders and most things behave I just have a light or two that just doesn't want to be good.

I can go between main pages and sub pages without issues adjusting faders and only the active pages change. (Other than the couple of problem childern)

FYI i have been tinkering with this file so all the sliders now might not do anything. I'll upload the updated one with everything thing re-linked tomorrow. But this should let you see whats going on.

I also am running Easy View 3D visualizer to see the DMX issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Elation MidiCon functions this way. I believe up to 24 pages with motorized faders. now granted mine don't move and the minute I move the fader the on screen fader jumps to where the hardware is but thats ok.

I have also Attached all the Fixture Profiles (Some have not been used yet)
Attachments
Mike C-LEDSplash-Jr.qxf
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
American-DJ-DJ-SCAN-250.qxf
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
DJ Show 1.qxw
(503.17 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Ovis

Any updates on this?
MBP 13 i5 8 GB OS X El Capitan
ENTTEC PRO Mk2
AKAI APCmini

michilson

Not currently I have not done much with the multiple pages As I moved all the controls to a single page. I am now starting to redevelop back to a multi page setup so I will keep in touch if I have issues again