Feature Request: Intensity values in percent

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
grizze

I wanted to rebuild some theatre shows in QLC+ for touring. But i saw that the intensitys in the channels only shows the DMX Values. Is ist possibly to switch this in Percent. In the Theatre work it is usefull to set the conventional lights in percent.
If its not in QLC+ yet, can it build in in the next versions.
Last edited by grizze on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deece

Look in the Widget Properties. You can set all widgits to use percent.
And the DMX Monitor can also display percent.
grizze

Yes i know. But i need it in the Function Manager to programm scenes. I did not found a possibilty to switch it there.
Deece

Ah! sorry, missunderstood.
I can not see a way of doing it either, and agree, that would be good.
cmuellner

I just want to second that feature request.

We've tested pc_dimmer in our last theater production (because Google showed it in a higher rank than QLC+) including 12 dimmers,
three RGBs and one servo motor. What we've observed during the scene programming was, that talking to non-technicians is much easier,
when using percentage instead of byte-fractions. As I'd like to use QLC+ for the next production, I'm testing it at the moment and this is
the first drawback so far.

In pc_dimmer they solved the displaying problem by having two fields next to each other, which are separated with a "%" sign.
The left field (before the "%") is the value in percent and the right value the actual DMX value. When either is changed, the other adapts.

Besides that, all the non-SW DMX controllers, which I had in front of me (not too many, I admit) typically had fader labels in percentage or
tenth of percentage. So that's what people are used to.
JoTress

I'd like to emphasize that request - we can already switch between percentage and 0-255 in the individual fader menue inside the virtual console, but as soon as one needs to edit individual fixture intensities inside the scene editor or in the simple desk you'll need to use a converter...
fedemgh

Hello! I would like to bump this request. Adding the possibility to display the percentage on the sliders from the simple desktop as well.