[HEADS UP] Help needed to test incoming version 4.10.0

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
mgweber

I have not found any issues with my workspace but I have not yet been able to test with the USB controller connected.
bestdani

It does not depend on the pattern as far as I can see, but it depends on the current y position and affects the x movement component only, as far as I could figure out the effect is stronger the greater the distance from y=127.

Example workspace:
rgb-efx.qxw
(4.7 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
joky

Hi all,

I just built the latest 4.10.0 source from git on an RPi2 and tried to send some DMX data over my DMX4ALL USB Interface.

The interface itself seems to work (/dev/ttyUSB0 found, using a terminal I'm able to query some information and even under Win32 it works), but I fail to produce any DMX data using QLC+ (and even olad).

Plugin: DMX USB
Device "1: DMX4ALL PC USB INTERFACE"
Output: CHECK

Status says:
Device is operating correctly.
Driver in use: libFTDI
Protocol: DMX4ALL DMX-USB (Output)
Manufacturer: DMX4ALL

I also tried to start qlc+ as root, but the result was a blank application-window. I'm also not able to increase debugging information running qlcplus --debug 3 or --debug=3. I also tried to unload the ftdi-serial module, the ttyUSB0-device disappeared but the issue is still the same.

Is there an issue with the current code or I'm doing anything wrong?

regards
mcallegari

joky wrote:I just built the latest 4.10.0 source from git on an RPi2 and tried to send some DMX data over my DMX4ALL USB Interface.
Is there an issue with the current code or I'm doing anything wrong?
No. I just built the GIT sources and tested on my RPi image with a DMX4ALL Stageprofi Mk2 device. All works fine.
You're probably messing up with user permissions so they cannot access /dev/ttyUSB.
By the way, since this is not the right place to discuss custom builds or the RPi, please open a separate thread in case (in the RPi forum)
nedmech

I just tested 4.10.0_TEST-20150925 on my WinXP show machine. Successfully ran thru an existing show and made some edits without incident.
sbenejam

I tested on my system compiled yesterday with create-deb.sh no errors creating deb package. I tested old projects and all seems to work fine. My USB devices Enttec DMX USB Pro, Digitus DA-70157 USB RS-485 adapter and NanoKontrol2 are correctly detected and seems to work fine too (not tested with real fixtures connected).
My computer runs Ubuntu 15.04 with qlcplus compiled with Qt5.
Deece

One minor cosmetic fault, which I think is in 4.9.1 as well.
On the Channel Properties Configuration page, selecting LTP or HTP leaves the selection box on screen. You have to move the page to see the other options, but the selection box stays where it is, floating on screen.
Using Linux Mint 17.02 Rafaella (based on Ubuntu 14.04 ?)
(Must be fairly unique to me, as others have used ltp etc and not mentioned it.)
mcallegari

Deece wrote:One minor cosmetic fault, which I think is in 4.9.1 as well.
On the Channel Properties Configuration page, selecting LTP or HTP leaves the selection box on screen. You have to move the page to see the other options, but the selection box stays where it is, floating on screen.
Using Linux Mint 17.02 Rafaella (based on Ubuntu 14.04 ?)
(Must be fairly unique to me, as others have used ltp etc and not mentioned it.)
I use Mint 17.2 and I don't experience that behaviour. Are you using QLC+ on Qt4 or Qt5 ?
Are you using weird Intel drivers or weird Mesa versions ?
I use a GIT version of Mesa and I experience a damn refresh issue on Chrome (similar to what you see) but no issue in QLC+
Deece

I use Mint 17.2 and I don't experience that behaviour. Are you using QLC+ on Qt4 or Qt5 ?
Are you using weird Intel drivers or weird Mesa versions ?
I use a GIT version of Mesa and I experience a damn refresh issue on Chrome (similar to what you see) but no issue in QLC+[/quote]

QT4. Not using anything strange that I know of. Nvidia 340.93
All other selectors work fine, just the ltp/htp .

I'll try to compile my own version..rather than a deb.
debbio

On lubuntu 14.04 all works very well.. tomorrow I will try on my archlinux

Thank you!!
Flo

I just tested some adapters on OS X:

- The DMX4All StageProfi Mk2 still works. :-)
- The DMX4All NanoDMX works, too. Thanks for that!
- But the Eurolite DMX512-Pro does not work. It is recognized, but I can't get any output.

- It doesn't work to use more than one adapter. If I connect two of them, both are recognized. But as soon as I try to set the checkbox for the second universe I get the error message "An error occurred during opening the device". (And no output, of course.)

(All tests are made on a Mac with Yosemite, tried both with the Apple's own FTDI driver enabled and disabled)
mcallegari

Flo wrote:But the Eurolite DMX512-Pro does not work. It is recognized, but I can't get any output.
The Eurolite should work in OSX only if the driver in use is "QtSerialPort". Is that your case ?
Unfortunately I don't have the device, so I mostly copied the sequence I used for the NanoDMX.
Flo wrote:It doesn't work to use more than one adapter. If I connect two of them, both are recognized. But as soon as I try to set the checkbox for the second universe I get the error message "An error occurred during opening the device". (And no output, of course.)
More details please. Which adapters did you try to use together and which driver were you using ? (libFTDI or QtSerialPort)
Thanks
debbio

On archlinux x64 with ENTTEC Mk2, qlcplus-qt4 works without problem.. Adding your repository and trying the version qlcplus-qt4-git I receive a 404 error on the server, no problem with qlcplus-qt4
mcallegari

debbio wrote:On archlinux x64 with ENTTEC Mk2, qlcplus-qt4 works without problem.. Adding your repository and trying the version qlcplus-qt4-git I receive a 404 error on the server, no problem with qlcplus-qt4
The Arch repository seems to be online, so if it worked with qlcplus-qt4, it should work with -git version too. (the files are in the same place)
Can you please post the complete error message ? Maybe the URL causing 404 is just wrong.
Flo

mcallegari wrote:
Flo wrote:But the Eurolite DMX512-Pro does not work. It is recognized, but I can't get any output.
The Eurolite should work in OSX only if the driver in use is "QtSerialPort". Is that your case ?
Yes: "Driver in use: QtSerialPort"
One thing to mention: QLC+ doesn't seem to automatically set the right protocol mode for the adapters. I have to manually switch it between "DMX4All" and "Eurolite" in the settings.
mcallegari wrote:
Flo wrote:It doesn't work to use more than one adapter. If I connect two of them, both are recognized. But as soon as I try to set the checkbox for the second universe I get the error message "An error occurred during opening the device". (And no output, of course.)
More details please. Which adapters did you try to use together and which driver were you using ? (libFTDI or QtSerialPort)
Thanks
I tried the combinations StageProfi+NanoDMX and NanoDMX+Eurolite. All of them use the QtSerialPort driver. How do I activate the libFTDI driver?

Are there plans to enable the two new adapters on Windows, too? And, BTW: The new feature to reset single channels in the simple desk is great! :-) I missed that a lot.
Flo

I just found another little bug:
I manually set the channels per page of the simple desk to 30 (because 32 are too wide for my MacBook). Now I can't reach the last two channels (511 and 512) because after page 17 QLC+ directly jumps back to 1.
janosvitok

Flo wrote:I just found another little bug:
I manually set the channels per page of the simple desk to 30 (because 32 are too wide for my MacBook). Now I can't reach the last two channels (511 and 512) because after page 17 QLC+ directly jumps back to 1.
Fixed in git.
debbio

Here it is the error code on archlinux:

Code: Select all

:: Vuoi procedere con l'installazione? [S/n] s
:: Download dei pacchetti in corso...
errore: impossibile scaricare il pacchetto 'qlcplus-qt4-git-4.10.0.20150929.063005b-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' da download.opensuse.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
attenzione: impossibile scaricare alcuni file
errore: impossibile eseguire l'operazione richiesta (errore inaspettato)
Si sono verificati degli errori, nessun pacchetto è stato aggiornato.

mcallegari

debbio wrote:Here it is the error code on archlinux:

Code: Select all

errore: impossibile scaricare il pacchetto 'qlcplus-qt4-git-4.10.0.20150929.063005b-0-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' da download.opensuse.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
Got it. You're trying to download a version that's not on the server anymore.
See here: http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... ra/x86_64/
Being GIT versions, I retrigger the build every few days, so you should update your packages list before trying to install a GIT version.
Now I have no idea how this is done on Arch. On Ubuntu it is something like "apt-get update"
mcallegari

Flo wrote:One thing to mention: QLC+ doesn't seem to automatically set the right protocol mode for the adapters. I have to manually switch it between "DMX4All" and "Eurolite" in the settings.
In theory you should never touch the protocol mapping. Can you please delete your QLC+ preference file and start from scratch ?
Flo wrote:I tried the combinations StageProfi+NanoDMX and NanoDMX+Eurolite. All of them use the QtSerialPort driver.
You actually found a monster bug. It was there in 4.9.x too. It's fixed now on GIT.
Flo wrote:How do I activate the libFTDI driver?
In OSX, just disable the Apple driver and all the adapters should be detected by libFTDI.
Flo wrote:Are there plans to enable the two new adapters on Windows, too?
No. Windows works with drivers and each adapter must have its own. With FTDI adapters it's easy cause there is a documented SDK to use them.
NanoDMX and Eurolite don't use FTDI chips, so I suppose they have their own drivers and I'm not planning to support them.