[HEADS UP] Help needed to test incoming version 4.10.0

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
mcallegari

bestdani wrote:The first affects the RGB efx feature which turned out to be a very useful thing and I'm planning make use of it, but I think it would benefit much if there's a (tiny?) modification such that the actual "hue pahse" can be shifted like shown in the following picture:
I think the option to choose a radial color palette would also be very useful in many cases (to generate a infinite rainbow effect).
:) Not even released the feature and already asking for changes :)
What you say makes sense, and I'll see if it can be easily included in 4.10.0 or maybe delayed on 4.10.1 or later.
bestdani wrote:The next one affects the cue list side fader in steps mode.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a not forseen (hopfully tiny) feature, but I would appreciate if the step can be selected by the fader before the playback button gets activated, currently it's only possible to manipulate the cue list after the list has been activated (or did I overlooked something).
Right. I'll hook an event that moves the step fader to the current Chaser step. This is actually missing and I haven't thought about it.
Tasaei

Have Another crash.

new Projekt. Create a slider, colour it red.

Open the "Letter" Option , press on the color option of the letters. now there a second frame in the upper right corner.
press "ok" on the FIRST Frame, the second frame (upper right) will sty there. Now press "ok" on the remaining frame.

=>
CRASH
mcallegari

Tasaei wrote:Have Another crash.
new Projekt. Create a slider, colour it red.
Open the "Letter" Option , press on the color option of the letters. now there a second frame in the upper right corner.
press "ok" on the FIRST Frame, the second frame (upper right) will sty there. Now press "ok" on the remaining frame.
=>
CRASH
Operating system please ?
What's the "letter" option by the way ? The button to set the font color ?
I tested your sequence on Linux and no crashes. Might be specific to OSX or Windows.
A screenshot of what you see would help as well.
Tasaei

Sorry , yes i mean font color.

Its with OS X (10.10.5) , see "bildschirmfoto" in attachment.
if you press first ok in the left box and than in the right there is a crash
there was a crash too when i pressed cancel in the right box.

By the way: i don't mean the direct button to the font color, i mean the "font settings" next to it and in that menu the font color.

(2nd thing with that: if you haven't opened the color setting of the slider (thats why you have to color it red) there is no option to press ok in the upper right frame (of the font color). the option only appears if you have opened once the color setting of the slider (see the second attachment , called "photot 2")
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2015-10-08 um 13.56.54.png
photo 2.png
Bulle

Hello,
here on OSX yosemite, I had a crash when removing fixtures form the project then removing the same fixtures in a scene where they were used. Same problem in 4.9.1. Ok, I know what you're thinking, it almost never happens... but I just did it !
I've encounter an issue but didn't manage to reproduce it ; in the fonction tab, I created a new scene, added 4 Moving Heads, and switching from the tab view or all the channel view (the folder icon, sorry I don't have the exact term in english), suddenly I had just 1 MH... but not always the same (still switching to get them all).
I don't know if it can help.
I use an open dmx interface (from electro concept), it works now, after searching for a loooooong time to make it work, due to this f"#@ing Ftdi driver.

Thanks again for your work, can't wait to see the next step.
debbio

Ok I think I've found a bug:
Create a cue list of 10 light scene for example, then start the cue and try crossfade from One memory to another (i.e from memory 3 to 7) then press next cue and the cue list jumps again to memory 3 without considering the crossfade and the 7 position
mcallegari

debbio wrote:Ok I think I've found a bug:
Create a cue list of 10 light scene for example, then start the cue and try crossfade from One memory to another (i.e from memory 3 to 7) then press next cue and the cue list jumps again to memory 3 without considering the crossfade and the 7 position
Please share a ready-made workspace to reproduce the issue. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to create every single test case myself :(
mcallegari

New TEST versions available !
Round 2 session open

Thanks !
jet

It's not possible to put Windows 7 to sleep while QLC is running.

Windows tries to go in sleep mode but eventually crashes.

The DMX interface I have is Enttec DMX USB PRO.

Kind regards,
Jan