Fixture problems

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
reezer

Hi. I am learning QLC+ to replace my hardware controller, Chauvet Obey 70.

I created a fixture definition for American DJ Starball. The first time I used this in building my lighting set, it worked. First I added my Chauvet 4Bar, then I created the fixture Starball. I opened up the saved workspace and the starball now only has one channel, not two. All the settings in my fixture definition are gone! I deleted the fixture and recreated it with all the values, etc. I used the fixture again in a workspace and it does the same thing, resetting all the channels and values to a generic blank.

Without this light, I do not want to go on learning QLC+. I really need help here. I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks
pipolino419

janosvitok

If pipolino's definition didn't fix your problem, please post: operating system, qxw file, and the fixture definition.

My blind guess: Did you store the fixture in the proper folder? see http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/questionsan ... ser-folder
ocus4

I have the same problem
Im on mac and my way to the fixture is good
It is in proper folder
HELP !!!!!
i have a show tomorrow with new fixtures
siegmund

janosvitok wrote:please post: operating system, qxw file, and the fixture definition.
What part of this you're not getting..? If you want proper help, give more information.
janosvitok

ocus,

help us help you. Post: QLC+ version, your custom fixture definition, your qxw file, step-by-step recipe to reproduce the problem with expected behavior (e.g. do this and that, and QLC+ does this and it should do that instead).
If you need fast answers, you need to ask clear questions ;-)

Jano
ocus4

Last version of QlC+ 4.10.5b
It's "chinese fixture "beam 230" moving head (same problem even if i edit an existing fixture)
after edit when i want to add new fixtur in QL controller, i find the qxw file but with one dimer chanel