No dmx output on Yosemite.

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
ssscubells

Hi,
I'm running QLC+ 4.8.5 on an Imac late 2011 with Yosemite 10.10.3 with the Enttec open dmx usb.
I've tried disabling the FTDI driver (as I've found on the FAQ) and rebooted several times, but I'm still not getting dmx signal out.
The same configuration works in the same computer with other software (lightkey & JV lightning Control) but with QLC+ I'm stuck.
Can you give me any advice on what am I doing wrong?
I'm very happy having found this software because it looks like it could be my perfect tool.
Thanks in advance for all your work.
Oscar.
addibo_uk

Did you tick the "Output" box against your DMX device in the "Inputs/Outputs" section of QLC+ too? You need to do this if you have loaded QLC+ before plugging in your DMX device.

I was going to suggest the FDTI drivers too... did you use the utility located here: http://www.dmxis.com/macdriverfix/ ?

Chris
ssscubells

Yes, I've ticked the output box and also I used this utility.
In the input/output section, in the description of the selected item it shows a weird seria number for the open dmx usb dongle (kind of strange symbols instead of letters and numbers).
But the strange thing for me is that at the same moment I change software and it works without problem. (but the other software does not have the same possibilities...)

Oscar.
mcallegari

ssscubells wrote:In the input/output section, in the description of the selected item it shows a weird seria number for the open dmx usb dongle (kind of strange symbols instead of letters and numbers).
Did you install any other software that could take control of the USB-Serial ports ?
When you see weird characters in the serial number, it means there's some wrong driver acting on the USB port (VCP drivers?)

I have OSX 10.10.2 and all I did was to disable the crappy Apple FTDI driver and reboot. No other software installed.
ssscubells

I've tried uninstalling vcp drivers as found on the FTDI installing guide for Mac Os, but in Terminal it appears as it doesn't exist.
I attach some images of the weird serial number.
Captura de pantalla 2015-04-20 a les 22.23.11.png
Captura de pantalla 2015-04-20 a les 22.22.46.png
I can try uninstalling the other lighting control software on the computer to check incompatibilities but I'll have to wait a couple of days because I have performaces on this week.

Thanks
Oscar
eduardomalle

Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2015-05-01 a la(s) 0.42.52.png
Captura de pantalla 2015-05-01 a la(s) 0.42.52.png (15.77 KiB) Viewed 7694 times
rfhb

This worked for getting DMX output back on using a DMX King ultraDMX micro USB adapter on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 (and it should work on earlier OS 10.10.x versions as well):

> sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI

Do before connecting USB adapter and before starting QLC+. Works instantaneously, no reboot necessary.
moebiussurfing

I am having this same problem on 10.10.5. Did you solved this problem? What of this ways should I try first? Thanks a lot for this awesome program!
EDIT: I am using a FTDI 485 DMX interaface and it's detected on System Profile and in QTC+ also, but the DMX device do not receive nothing...
yvanp

Same problem with QLC+ ENTTEC opendmx usb and OsX EL Capitan

No signal from Mac to Interface

OS X FTDI Driver control 1.0.4 said :Nothing to do here ...

In QLC+ : plugin DMX ( out activated) is seen as :

1: FT232R USB UART (S/N: A402XK3X)

Linked to Universe 1

Help please !!
mcallegari

yvanp wrote:Same problem with QLC+ ENTTEC opendmx usb and OsX EL Capitan
No signal from Mac to Interface
OS X FTDI Driver control 1.0.4 said :Nothing to do here ...
In QLC+ : plugin DMX ( out activated) is seen as :
1: FT232R USB UART (S/N: A402XK3X)
Linked to Universe 1
Help please !!
Apparently the Enttec tool doesn't work anymore on El Capitan. Nice.
If you read 2 posts before yours you could have found the solution:

Code: Select all

sudo kextunload -b com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI
I just tested and it works just fine, even with the device plugged in.

An alternative method to permanently disable the Apple driver is also written in the QLC+ documentation (paragraph 2.2)
http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/dmxusbplugin.html
CalebGrayson

i plugged my anyma.ch clone into my 2012 MBP i7Quad for the first time and it just would work right on the latest QLC+ 4.10.3a however i had no problems on my MBP 2010 Core2 Duo.
it also worked on LikghtKey on the 2012 MBP.
it didn't really work well on either, so I got a DMXKing Micro and it worked GREAT on both systems.