RGB Matrix with sunstrip

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Joep Admiraal

First of all, best wishes for 2014 everyone!

I was at a gig last week were we had a bunch of Showtec sunstrips hanging next to each other.
It were 6 bars and each has 10 lights.
It looks like a 6x10 matrix :-)
I thought it would be great if I could control those through the RGB matrix functionality.

This is not possible at the moment right?
Jano Svitok

Hi,

unless there is a bug, this should work:

1. add 6 generic dimmers with 10 channels each
2. create fixture group 6x10 (or 10x6) and add those dimmers to it
3. make sure the heads in the group are properly arranged
4. create RGB matrix for that group

If anything goes wrong, report here. The intensity of the lights should depend on the
intensity of the color (to make it simple use white).

If it works fine, take some pictures and write a tutorial :)

6 pixel high should be almost enough for simple letters.

Also check out the "Image" type -- you can create png/gif images in any editor and load them to the matrix (remember to make them really small! 6x10 pixels).

For simple animations, create e.g. 36x10 image, set type to Animation, and
6x10 parts of the image will be displayed one after another.
Joep Admiraal

Ah that seems like a solution.
Thanks!

With the dimmer fixture, each channel is recognised as a pixel in the fixture group.
I don't own the sunstrips, but the next time I rent them I'll take some pictures :-)
Joe

Jano,

Never realised that was how you do animations. I've been creating sequences to no avail. It seems that if QLC+ recognised image sequences this would but a much more effective way to do it. I make my graphics in Photoshop, and then animate them in After Effects.

Joe
Jano Svitok

Joe,

I have now found that QLC+ contains special definition for Sunstrip, and it did not have properly defined heads. That made it unsuitable for RGB matrices. I have now fixed it in git. If you use it/want to use it, just download from git/[github](https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... Active.qxf) and replace in your installation.
Joep Admiraal

Nice, I will test it when we rent the sunstrips again.
lesaint2

Hello,

I have a problem with my sunstrips and the vertical fall configuration! When I look the preview on my PC, it seem well, the first lamp is at 100% and the nexts are going down, but on the stage, all the six lampes are at 100%!

Can you help me?

Thanks

Simon
fooschnickens

Can you attach your workspace? It looks like the fixtures need to be configured a certain way within QLC to have them behave properly as a matrix and it'll be easier to troubleshoot with all the info easily accessible. :)
lesaint2

this is not my final version, but for my problem, it's ok!
Attachments
A base NM OK 12 par leds test.qxw
(158.47 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
lesaint2

Oh, and, when i look on the Monitor, he doesn't work too!
lesaint2

I want t10 1, and I have t10 2!!!
Attachments
t10 2.jpg
t10 1.jpg
lesaint2

this is the last version I use!
Attachments
A base NM OK 28012017.qxw
(159.66 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
lesaint2

anybody?
janosvitok

This problem needs fix in the code.
lesaint2

OK, and does anybody do that ?
lesaint2

Hello,
Is Somebody check out of this problem?

Thanks!
mcallegari

You keep on polling this thread, but I still don't get your issue.

1- you shared a workspace and not the fixtures you used. I see a bunch of meaningless dimmers
2- the 2D monitor is a mess
3- where should we look ? You have lot of functions and I don't have the time to inspect each one of them to find the one you mentioned

If you want us to help, you need to help us first cause we don't have the gift of mind reading...yet.
The more details you provide, the more chance you have to be supported. Otherwise, just don't poll !
janosvitok

The problem he has is following:
He has a fixture with X heads and each head has only dimmer channel. Current code identifies those dimmer channels as master dimmer, so they are all set to 100%.
We need to somehow differentiate if a head has rgb channels with a dimmer or a dimmer only (without rgb channels). Some fixtures have even per head dimmer and master dimmer. I added some combinations to the special fixtures wiki page.
mcallegari

So this can be solved just by replacing dimmers with fixtures with a single color channel. E.g. red will do.

@jano: you have more ability than me to understand users reports, so in cases like this, please open a ticket on GitHub with all the details, so they don't get forgotten or remain unclear. Thanks
janosvitok

Just making 10 reds will not help, since the code checks if all three rgb channels are present.

What you need to do is create fixture that has 10 rgb heads (30 channels) ordered r1r2r3...r10g1g2g3...g10b1b2b3...b10 and patch the actual sunstrip where the reds are. This will waste 20 channels for each light, but will work for now.
Example for three sunstrips: in qlc+ patch the above fixtures at addresses 1, 31, 61. Patch your physical devices at same addresses (so there will be 20 channel gap). Next available address for other fixtures is 91.

Massimo: I wanted to fix it, so it's on my mind. I didn't find enough time yet, so feel free to fix it...