RGB Matrix with sunstrip

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
lesaint2

I want t10 1, and I have t10 2!!!
Attachments
t10 2.jpg
t10 1.jpg
lesaint2

this is the last version I use!
Attachments
A base NM OK 28012017.qxw
(159.66 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
lesaint2

anybody?
janosvitok

This problem needs fix in the code.
lesaint2

OK, and does anybody do that ?
lesaint2

Hello,
Is Somebody check out of this problem?

Thanks!
mcallegari

You keep on polling this thread, but I still don't get your issue.

1- you shared a workspace and not the fixtures you used. I see a bunch of meaningless dimmers
2- the 2D monitor is a mess
3- where should we look ? You have lot of functions and I don't have the time to inspect each one of them to find the one you mentioned

If you want us to help, you need to help us first cause we don't have the gift of mind reading...yet.
The more details you provide, the more chance you have to be supported. Otherwise, just don't poll !
janosvitok

The problem he has is following:
He has a fixture with X heads and each head has only dimmer channel. Current code identifies those dimmer channels as master dimmer, so they are all set to 100%.
We need to somehow differentiate if a head has rgb channels with a dimmer or a dimmer only (without rgb channels). Some fixtures have even per head dimmer and master dimmer. I added some combinations to the special fixtures wiki page.
mcallegari

So this can be solved just by replacing dimmers with fixtures with a single color channel. E.g. red will do.

@jano: you have more ability than me to understand users reports, so in cases like this, please open a ticket on GitHub with all the details, so they don't get forgotten or remain unclear. Thanks
janosvitok

Just making 10 reds will not help, since the code checks if all three rgb channels are present.

What you need to do is create fixture that has 10 rgb heads (30 channels) ordered r1r2r3...r10g1g2g3...g10b1b2b3...b10 and patch the actual sunstrip where the reds are. This will waste 20 channels for each light, but will work for now.
Example for three sunstrips: in qlc+ patch the above fixtures at addresses 1, 31, 61. Patch your physical devices at same addresses (so there will be 20 channel gap). Next available address for other fixtures is 91.

Massimo: I wanted to fix it, so it's on my mind. I didn't find enough time yet, so feel free to fix it...
mcallegari

@Jano: I don't have much time either, so when I see something that needs to be fixed, I open a reminder on GH (either for me or who wants to pick it up), so I don't forget about it
It's just a way to keep track of things and to describe them in "developer" words, not necessarily to fix them immediately. E.g. see issue #814.
As I'm getting old (:D) I forget things after 2 days, so it's a practice that works for me to compensate my brain load ;)
lesaint2

Thank you for your answers!
janosvitok

Hi guys,

after several months this feature/bugfix is complete. See https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/pull/902
Until it is integrated you can test (windows) https://ci.appveyor.com/project/mcalleg ... /artifacts

Jano