Fixture Definition Editor Question/Suggestion

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
George Qualley

I just wanted to comment on something that I noticed before in the fixture definition editor which I thought was kind of odd but which I have neglected to mention until now. First, let me say that I'm kind of anal about completely filling out data like this (when it's available) so there's a good chance that no one cares, but here it goes...

When creating a fixture def, there's an option to setup physical characteristics of the light which, I feel, is potentially useful information (especially things like power consumption). However, it's oddly associated with the fixture mode. I suppose I can imagine a scenario where something like the power consumption might change depending on a certain mode, but physical size? I don't think so. I understand that changing this might require a reworking of the fixture definition file and that's probably something that's low on the priority list, but it sure seems to me like this information would be more appropriately located along with the the make/model/type of fixture as opposed to buried under the mode as it is now.
George Qualley

Oops, I didn't mean to put this in this forum :(
Massimo Callegari

Hi George. Actually this is a good point !
I never realized it.
Gonna delete this post and open a ticket on GitHub.

Thanks