Location of the icons?

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
BerndJM

Hi,

first at all, I'm very happy that the development of this fantastic software continus and also very impressed about the new features.
Now to my question: where are the icons located?
The reason: a friend of mine is visibly impaired and uses under ubuntu the "highcontrast inverse" theme, which works fine with QLC+. Only the icons are in same cases not relay good visible, so i want to change the icon set with one which fits better to the inverse theme, how can I realize that?

Regards Bernd
Massimo Callegari

Hi, I'm afraid the icons are bundled into a binary library, so it's not possible to change them unless you recompile QLC+ from sources.
Sorry
BerndJM

Thanks a lot for the very quick reply.
Puuh, o.k. then I'll try to compile it - its a long time ago that I had to compile a software ...

Regards Bernd
Massimo Callegari

I am sorry I cannot help you in a short time.
The easiest way to compile QLC+ is on Ubuntu Linux. In Windows and OSX might be a bit harder.
Here's the info to build QLC:
http://qlc.sourceforge.net/development.shtml

For QLC+ you just need to add libmad-dev and libsndfile-dev
Otherwise if you contact me on my email address I will see what I can do in my spare time.

Always willing to help.
BerndJM

Hi Massimo,

no need to waste your spare time, I managed it to compile it and it works fine.

One idea at this moment:
The icons we use for the dark background is the original iconset, only reworked a little from a professional grafic-designer (a good friend of mine) to fit the needs of the dark background and/or visibly impaired people.

While testing the icons I noticed, there is only a little "fine-tuning" necessary and we can have a icon-set which is accesible even ond light backgrounds as also on dark backgrounds.

If you're interested in this I could initiate work session with my friend to find the best look of the icons for "both worlds".

Hope you understand my "excellent" english ;-)
For questions even free feel to contact me via my private email address.

Regards Bernd