Fixture Group Buttons

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Tavon Markov

Is there a way in QLC+ to have a frame of funtions, (ie COLOR, DIMMER etc) and also have a bank of fixtures (ie UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT Stage LEDs, LED BARS/PANELS), allowing me to have ONE color Matrix, and just choose the "bank" or set of fixtures that I want and change the color of them? From one place?

Also, I am curious as to how I can have a set of Functions that change color, and also have a Speed Dial that would allow me to adjust the fade in/out time. I would like to be able to have instantaneous color change sometimes, and other times, I would like to have the ability to adjust the speed of the color change, on the fly.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. I have made great leaps of ability with programming QLC since being part of the Forum.
david garyga

> Is there a way in QLC+ to have a frame of funtions, (ie COLOR, DIMMER etc) and also have a bank of fixtures (ie UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT Stage LEDs, LED BARS/PANELS), allowing me to have ONE color Matrix, and just choose the "bank" or set of fixtures that I want and change the color of them? From one place?

I'll say no, but I'm not sure I understand what you want to do.

> Also, I am curious as to how I can have a set of Functions that change color, and also have a Speed Dial that would allow me to adjust the fade in/out time. I would like to be able to have instantaneous color change sometimes, and other times, I would like to have the ability to adjust the speed of the color change, on the fly.

You can create a speed dial that controls only the fade in/fade out times of a set of functions.

http://www.qlcplus.org/docs/vcspeeddial.html

In the speed dial properties, set the duration column to (Not Sent) in each case.
In the fade in column (or fade out column, or both), set a multiplier value.
Tavon Markov

I would like to have a set of buttons to give focus to a set of fixtures that would give color, gobo, macro control. Like this image. One set of functions that control the channels of the fixtures, but different focus assignments.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (49.61 KiB) Viewed 2276 times
Tavon Markov

The goal is to have one set of color choices and different focus functions for the LEDs or Movers to allow color changes without having to make color matrices for each group. I have seen this ability on large format consoles and other software. Just curious if that is a possibility. I use all the same LED fixtures. It would just be nice to have say 20 different color choices, and then choose FRONT LEDS and hit blue, then hit SL LEDs and choose a color... and so on.
Tavon Markov

Like this, more specifically... not so much needed for my movers
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (23.77 KiB) Viewed 2276 times
david garyga

Ok, got it.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do this out of the box as of now.
filipek.o

Im also looking for a way of doing this? has any body make it possible?