New translations anyone ?

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Massimo Callegari

Hi all,
as QLC+ is an always growing project, I would like to include more translations to reach even more users with their native language.

According to the statistics gathered from the QLC+ website visits, the two most requested languages at the moment are Russian and Japanese.

If anyone wants to volounteer for them I would be happy to assist in the process.
Any other language is welcome !

Thanks !
Santiago Benejam Torres

I could help with catalan translations.
Massimo Callegari

Hi Santiago, thanks for replying to this.
I'm not a Spanish language flavours expert, but isn't the current translation understandable by Catalan users ?
Santiago Benejam Torres

Hi Massimo.
Catalan speakers are spanish speakers too, the spanish translation is understandable to catalam users. Personally I'm using the english version all the time. I prefer the technical english in some situations or programs. But Catalonia has a strong entertainment industry (theater, TV, musicals and many amateur artists). I live on the island of Menorca, where we have a strong musical and theatrical movement, and many professional and amateur groups.
If you think a Catalan translation is duplicated efforts having a Spanish version, is not a problem.
Luis García-Tornel

+1 To the Catalan version!!!

Since I first started the spanish translation it was in my mind to do it, but my *català* is a little bit rusty, specially the technical aspect.

I would love to see QLC+ in catalan, and as Santiago put it, Catalonia and the rest of *els països catalans* (catalan countries) may be a strong industry to get in.

However there is the duplicated efforts thing, since most (if not all) of the catalan speakers also speak spanish. But to a large degree it will be **our** effort (and yes, and I'm in to help!).

EDIT:
Clarification: Català is not a "spanish flavour" or dialect but a distinct language on its own, it's even the only official language in Andorra
Luis García-Tornel

Santiago:

Me encantaría ayudar con la traducción en catalán (si es que Massimo ve por conveniente tener esta traducción).

Como menciono en el otro post, mi catalán está un poco oxidado, sobre todo teniendo en cuenta que salí de Catalunya antes de entrar al mundo técnico/artístico, así que el lenguaje técnico en catalán es un poco misterioso para mí y no me animo a hacerla yo.

Sin embargo al haber hecho y mantener la traducción al español creo que puedo ser de alguna ayuda.

(Offtopic: Cualquier retroalimentación sobre la traducción al español es bienvenida)

----

Summary to non spanish speakers:
I offer my help to do the catalan translation.
Massimo Callegari

Oooook ! I raise my hands on this :)
Catalan it is.
Do you guys need my help to generate the empty files or will you do it ?
I can create a new branch where you can work until you are done.
I am not sure what the language code is though. I think it is es_CA ?
Santiago Benejam Torres

The catalan locale in my Ubuntu 13.10 system is ca_ES.
What programs or tools are needed to make the translations?.
I supose that need to download from GIT the source code and put the translation text in certains files.
Massimo Callegari

I've just done it for you.
You can find 17 ca_ES.ts files in the "catalan" branch on GIT

Please use Qt Linguist to work on them. Use the same punctuation of the original string and when you're done confirm the string (CTRL + Enter)

Thanks
Kokichiro

Hi Massimo,
I am Japanese QLCplus user and can help Japanese translations.

But, you know, Japanese is 2-byte language and I wonder if we can make 2-byte(or Unicode) translations (e.g. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc...) for QLCplus.

Can I make ja_JP translation file(*.ts) easily like this?:

<context>
<name>AddChannelsGroup</name>
<message>
<location filename="addchannelsgroup.ui" line="14"/>
<source>Select Channels</source>
<translation>グループにするチャンネルの選択</translation> //this line includes 2-byte characters
Massimo Callegari

Hello Kokichiro, I'm so glad you responded to this call !
There shouldn't be any problem for Unicode translations in QLC+.

How would you prefer to do the translation ?
Basically the options are:
1) Qt Linguist + offline .ts files that I will send you
2) Qt Linguist + GitHub online files

If you want I can create a new branch online with the ja_JP files and you can work on that
Kokichiro

As a test I rewrote "Alternative French Translation" (https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/pull/248/files) to Japanese(Unicode) translation.

It ran perfectly! :)

Well, I wish the option 2), Github files.
Massimo Callegari

Ok, I've created a new "japanese" branch on GitHub with all the files you'll need for the translation.
Please create an account on GitHub, clone the QLC+ sources, switch to "japanese" branch and use Qt Linguist on all the _ja_JP.ts files.
When you're done, commit on your sources copy and send me a "pull request" so I can merge your changes in the main sources tree.

If you need any assistance, please contact me.

Thank you !
Kokichiro

Hi, Massimo.
I've just done. The first version of my japanese translation.
But I'm a beginner of GitHub so I'm sorry if I did something wrong on GitHub pull request.

To make sure I uploaded my ja_JP.ts files on my web: http://lightingkizai.web.fc2.com/qlcplu ... _ja_JP.zip
Massimo Callegari

Hello Kokichiro. First of all thank you very much for the whole translation !
Actually I realized too late you forked the master branch and not the japanese branch, so all your changes went straight into the QLC+ mainline.
Luckily it seems there are no bad consequences. I'm finishing to check what went online but so far everything seems to be OK.

One minor thing. I've left a comment on your first pull request.
When you're done with a translation, please "confirm" it (CTRL-Enter) otherwise it will remain marked as "unfinished"
Kokichiro

Oh, I'm embarrassed!
Thank you very much for your advice.
I'm glad that there are no bad consequences...

Just now I've "confirmed" my translation, forked japanese branch. Is that right...?
Kokichiro

Hello Massimo.
Congratulations on QLC+ 4.7.3 release!

By the way, I found some mistranslations and want to update qlcplus_ja_JP.ts.
How to update?
fork the master branch and pull request? is it true?
Massimo Callegari

Hi Koichiro. Sorry for the delay.
Now the Japanese translation is on the master branch.

I suggest you to restart from scratch on GitHub. Delete any previous QLC+ fork you've done (don't worry, original sources won't be deleted !)
Then fork QLC+ again and download the sources on your PC. Then update the strings and please translate the new ones.
Sync the changes and finally send me a pull request to integrate them.

Thanks !
Ovis

Hi, Is QLC available in Russian languge?
MBP 13 i5 8 GB OS X El Capitan
ENTTEC PRO Mk2
AKAI APCmini

mcallegari

Nope. Are you volounteering for it ?