Can you loop a show?

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Caroline Lacroix

Can you loop a show?

Post by Caroline Lacroix » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi, I am making an art exhibit, and will be syncing lights to an audio track and I would need this to play on a loop continuously. How would I go about? Is there a loop option for the show?

Massimo Callegari

Can you loop a show?

Post by Massimo Callegari » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi. I guess you can place the show into a chaser as a step

Caroline Lacroix

Can you loop a show?

Post by Caroline Lacroix » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:52 am

Thank you! I really love this program. Can't believe I wasted so much time before finding this!!

Caroline Lacroix

Can you loop a show?

Post by Caroline Lacroix » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi… I've completed my show and I put it in a chaser with a loop but when I play the chaser the lights turn on and then nothing happens… Do you have any suggestions?

Caroline Lacroix

Can you loop a show?

Post by Caroline Lacroix » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Here is the file with my show in the chaser but it doesn't work...
Attachments
LAMPS%20CARO.qxw
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Luis García-Tornel

Can you loop a show?

Post by Luis García-Tornel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:10 am

Hi Caro:

I've checked your file and found 2 issues:

1. In the Virtual Console the button is not linked to the Chaser but to the Show.
2. Your chaser must have a hold time that equals the total time of your Show. In your case is approximately 4m03s.

In the attached file those issues are fixed. Hope it helps ;) You may need to tweak a little bit the chaser's hold time to make it loop exact.

Luis

EDIT: In fact the exact time in your show is 04:02.52 (not counting your audio)
Attachments
fix%20LAMPS%20CARO.qxw
(55.25 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Luis García-Tornel

Can you loop a show?

Post by Luis García-Tornel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:16 am

@ massimo and/or jano:

Checking this out I've noticed the yellow cursor stops at the end of the HOLD time of the last sequence, not at the end of the Fade Out time.

To loop a show seamlessly you need to add the total time of the show to the fade out time of the last sequence. It's not difficult, but if your not aware of that you may run into trouble.

Don't know if fixing that may break other things, but it would be nice to have an exact measurement of the show's length (including the fade out time).

Or better still... it would be awesome that if you put a show in a chaser, the hold time automatically changes to the actual time!.

Caroline Lacroix

Can you loop a show?

Post by Caroline Lacroix » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH LUIS!!!! This show is my final piece presented in order to obtain my bachelor of fine arts degree and I am presenting it today, so your prompt response is very much appreciated! I will post the final result once I document everything, to show what this program can do for visual artists as well! :D

Luis García-Tornel

Can you loop a show?

Post by Luis García-Tornel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 pm

You're welcome! Best of lucks with your presentation.

And yes, please, share your results.

Caroline Lacroix

Can you loop a show?

Post by Caroline Lacroix » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 pm

It crashed every time the show reached the end. :\

(I still have a few days until I need this to work for 8hrs straight… I really hope I find a fix to this problem soon….)
Help!!