Getting unexpected MIDI feedback from another page

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
siegmund

Hey guys,

I noticed an issue related to frames with pages and knobs/sliders with monitoring enabled.
For explanation I give you the steps to reproduce:

- in the attached workspace move the slider
- on page 1 of the frame, the knob moves with the slider because it's monitoring the respecting DMX channel (as expected)
- the knob on page two does nothing when moving the slider (as expected) BUT: there is some MIDI feedback sent to my BCF2000 MIDI controller. So if I'm on page 2 and move the slider, there is the encoder on the BCF, which is mapped to the knob on page 1, moving with the slider. This is not as expected because I'm on a different page and I don't want to have feedback from another page on my controls.

I hope this is clear enough.

Thank's for your good work though - I love the new video tutorial!

Regards,
Lukas

EDIT: I'm using QLC+ 4.10.3 GIT on 64Bit Xubuntu 14.04 with Qt 5.
Attachments
MIDI feedback bug.qxw
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
cit

Hi
I noticed a similar problem about MIDI feedback with my ICON iControls Pro in Ableton mode (feedback not supported by the hardware in other MIDI modes)

The sliders work fine in all situations,
but the ON/OFF feedback buttons seem to be sent in a strange way to the controller.

The iControls buttons light up in all the situations and always stay turned on (until a reset),
unless i put virtual console buttons in PAGE 2 of any frame (only in this way the OFF feedback is correctly recognized)

Andrea

QLC+ 4.10.2b on Windows 10
QLC+ 4.10.2b on Mac OS X 10.11.3

PS
Lukas, I can test your attached test file using a BCF2000 within some days, but i need to know in which operating mode.
siegmund

cit wrote:PS
Lukas, I can test your attached test file using a BCF2000 within some days, but i need to know in which operating mode.
Thanks for your willingness. I totally remapped the buttons of the BCF to other MIDI signals (Using the standard b-control mode and a custom preset). But anyway, you should be able to reproduce this by only mapping the knob on page 1 to a knob on your BCF and do the steps I mentioned in the first post.
TEL0000

Hi,

i have the same problem, but with button colors on an APC Mini. When a button on another page gets activated it lights up on the current page.

Does anyone know a solution or a workarround for this?
siegmund

I know this is a bit old, but since this issue is still present in the actual code and meanwhile at least three people are affected, so maybe one of you could be so kind and have a look onto this when some time is left?
Thanks in advance!
siegmund

This is getting worse. I always thought this only applies to the encoders of the BCF2000, but it is present on the sliders as well.
I made a short video you can find here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrtx3arilb0ul ... 8.mp4?dl=0
The workspace used is attached.
In it, there is a frame with two pages, with a slider on each. The sliders on both pages are connected to the first fader on my BCF2000. In addition to that, they are controlling the scene "Page 1"/"Page 2" (depending on what page of the frame is present). The sliders on the right control the same scenes.
  • Go to page 1 in the frame on the left
  • As soon as raising slider "Page 1" on the right, the slider in the frame raises (as expected - because both control same scene)
  • Go to page 2 in the frame on the left
  • As soon as raising slider "Page 2" on the right, the slider in the frame raises (as expected - because both control same scene)
  • Raise slider "Page 1" on the right, the slider in the frame does not raise (as expected) but the fader on the BCF 2000 does (not as expected - This is because the slider in page 1 raises and sends feedback to BCF2000 although we are still on page 2)
So I would expect that feedback only is sent if the page is correct.

Tested on Xubuntu 14.04 64Bit with latest QLC+ sources, Qt 5.
Attachments
feedback from another page.qxw
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
siegmund

I described it a bit wrong, of course the sliders in vc have the correct behavior, it is only that there is wrong feedback information sent to the BCF.
[Updated post so the description is correct]
siegmund

For the record: This is now fixed in GIT