Close button in full screen mode.

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Baer

Short question to the developers:

Just had a look into the sourcecode...
A close option for the toolbar is already existing, just seems to be only visible on raspberry pi
Are there any reasons why this is only visibly on RasperryPi?
Tested it on my Windows machine also as on my Odroid-XU4 running Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and it seems to work well.

Showing this icon always would be really simple and should give the feature most asked for in this thread.
Baer

Noone who can answer why the close button in the toolbar is only activ on Raspberry Pi?

Changes seems rather simple, but I'm not deep enough into qlc+ source to guarantee that there are no side effects.
mcallegari

The Raspberry Pi image doesn't have a window manager, therefore windows don't have a "X" icon to close them, so there's no way to exit QLC+, even with a mouse.
edogawa

Maybe it's just my system (linux/openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE5), but the Alt-F4 keycombo for program exit works for me, both in windowed and fullscreen mode...

Cheers, Edgar
Baer

mcallegari wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 12:33 pm The Raspberry Pi image doesn't have a window manager, therefore windows don't have a "X" icon to close them, so there's no way to exit QLC+, even with a mouse.
That explains only why it exists on raspberry pi, but not why it is raspberry pi exclusive

Seems to be usefull for fullscreen mode for others to...
mcallegari

I just pushed a change to have a generic behaviour both for the RPi and desktop versions.
If QLC+ is launched with the --nowm option, it will add extra buttons to close windows. This includes a button on the main toolbar to close QLC+.
Baer

Thanks this should work for me
will test it as soon there is some time