Problem with multiple submasters

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
ruffy8472

Hi there!

I'm totally new to QLC+ but I already love it! The idea of creating your own control interface via the virtual console is just awesome!

But sadly i ran into a problem by doing this. I attached the file I'm working with. The problem is the following:

Show.qxw
(23.01 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
I have hieraechized submasters/frames but it seems that they are not always affecting each other correctly. To reproduce my problem do the following:

1. you choose the lights you wanna control (Spot 1-15) via the buttons
2. you set the intensity with the % slider (which is the submaster of the first frame)
3. you activate the output by moving the I/0-slider from 0 to 255 (which is the submaster of the second frame and that for also for the first submster, right ?)normally this is done from my Tablet, which controls everything via OSC - this slider is assigned to a button

Then you will see that the output ignores the first submaster and just goes up to 100%. If you change the value of the first slider now (%), the output gets updated and everything works just fine.

I already tried different versions of QLC+ back to 4.8.5, problem is always present. Is there anything I could to about it? Or do I maybe just have a error in reasoning? :roll:

Thanks a lot!
ruffy8472
GGGss

I see what you want to achieve ... but
submasters on submasters won't work.
A submaster controls only functions which are started within the same frame.
Since you are putting a frame inside a frame (which is perfectly okey) you shouldn't use a second submaster).

As a simple workaround for this project you could make use of the Grand Master (big red slider on the left side of the screen) to set general 'level'.
This slider can be bound to your OSC device through Virtual Console Settings and bind the Grand Master to your OSC input.

More difficult workaround: Through the use of feedback channels... one 'master' slider sets the sliders in levelmode of the spots through feedback; then the submaster outside the frame to set 'general power'.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore