Bugs? in collection in cue list, QLC+ 4.11.1

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
rew45

I have two problems with a collection, in a cue list, for theatrical use. QLC+ 4.11.1
I am trying to create a theatrical scene, with a green effect which fades in and out in the middle of the scene.
The task is:
fade in Scene 1 over 1 second
add Green Effect, fading in over 1 second
remove Green Effect, fading out over 5 seconds
fade out Scene 1, over 1 second.

I am using a collection of Scene 1 and Green Effect, to implement the green effect, rather than create a new scene.
This is so that if changes have to be made to Scene 1, they will automatically be applied in the collection.

I have attached an example workspace, Collection_Test.qxw.
This has two dimmer fixtures, FOH and Stage to represent the normal lighting, and a dimmer fixture, Green Light, which is used for the green effect.
There are three scenes, Blackout, Scene 1, and Green Effect.
There is the collection, Scene 1 plus Green Effect, and a chaser, The Show.
The show is run from a cue list in the virtual console.

There are two problems:-

Problem 1, using the Next button, the sequence is :-
Blackout -> Scene 1, OK
Scene 1 -> Collection, OK, adds an green light as expected
Collection -> Scene 1, OK, removes green light as expected
Scene 1 -> Blackout, NOT OK, FADES OUT OVER 5 SECONDS INSTEAD OF 1

Problem 2, using the crossfade sliders, link and blend, the sequence is :-
Blackout -> Scene 1, OK
Scene 1 -> Collection, NOT OK, CROSSFADES SCENE 1 TO GREEN LIGHT
Collection -> Scene 1, NOT OK, CROSSFADES GREEN LIGHT TO SCENE 1 THEN JUMPS GREEN LIGHT BACK TO 240, THEN FADES IT OUT OVER 5 SECONDS
Scene 1 -> Blackout, OK

I know I could fade in the Green Light manually using a discrete slider on the virtual console, but I want to control the show just using the cue list.

Am I doing something wrong with the collection and the fade out times, or are these bugs?

Richard
Attachments
Collection_Test.qxw
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
rew45

I have bumped this, after further investigation, because IMHO it needs attention from the developers. I have attached another workspece, Collection_Test_2.qxw, which uses a workaround. This workaround is not acceptable to me in practice, but I think it sheds light on the problem. The workaround is to use a clone of Scene 1 in the collection at step 3, which makes the fade out at step 5 work correctly. I would hazard a guess that at run time, data in an instance of Scene 1 is being used in both step 3 and during lookahead to step 4, causing inconsistent behaviour. Using a clone of the scene avoids this. Please could Massimo, or another developer, comment on this?
Richard
Attachments
Collection_Test_2.qxw
(6.8 KiB) Downloaded 49 times