Audio in cue lists or collections can't be stopped and makes QLC+ crash when going back to design mode

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
ciacnorris

Hi.
I need to control lights and audio (playing some mp3/wave/flac files) from QLC, but if I try playing audio from a cue list in Virtual Console or activating a button assigned to an audio file, the virtual console stops working and the audio keeps playing.
If I try to go back to design mode, QLC+ freezes.
I have verified this on QLC+ 4.11.1 both on Manjaro Linux KDE 64bit and Windows 10 64bit.
I really need to use audio but haven't found any way to work around these problems.
sbenejam

Can you provide a sample project explaining this issue?.
ciacnorris

Here you are :)
Attachments
Cloe 20171128.qxw
(235.35 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
ciacnorris

More infos:
I did some other tests. I had no problem on Linux Mint 18.2 KDE. Then I tried again on Win10 and it froze on this (see image). It looks like it's loading the audio too slowly, and I have found I can freeze QLC just by changing the songs very quickly.
JustinH99

Hi,

Did you already found a solution for this problem?
ciacnorris

No but I think I have found a way to avoid it:

just don't switch to next or previous action while the bar is green with negative numbers (see screnshot).

What you see is a chaser with Order: Loop; Direction: Forward; Fade In Speed: Common (100ms); Fade Out Speed: Default; Step Duration: Common (Infinite).

I have also tried with Step Duration: Common (1h). The problem is exactly the same, except the bar with the negative numbers is gray instead of green.

I have run three tests just now about what happens when QLC+ freezes like this. In all these three cases the action list was in play mode, i.e. one song was playing, and I have pressed N (that I had assigned as a shorcut for "Next Action") quickly many times until the problem happened. Note that in all these three times, QLC+ freezed on the same song. Maybe this is random, or not. BTW, it's a regular mp3 that doesn't give any problem anywhere else. In all these cases, while QLC+ freezed the song went on playing.

Case 1 (with Step Duration: Infinite): i tried to switch back to Design Mode while the song was playing by clicking on the icon. When the song finished, QLC+ unfreezed and switched from Operate to Design Mode.

Case 2 (with Step Duration: 1h): there was no way to switch back to Design Mode even when the song finished. I didn't try waiting an hour :)

Case 3 (with Step Duration: Infinite): i didn't do anything and waited for the song to finish. When the song ended, QLC+ crashed.

I have also observed that this kind of problem happens more frequently on Win10 and less frequently on Linux Mint KDE 18.2. But I'm talking about two different PC's, so it could be because of the different hardwares.
Attachments
bug.png