Catch sliders not included in 4.11.1

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
caxpern

Hello!

I upgraded today and noticed that the function "catch sliders" is not working.
The function is discussed here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10814
Back then i just downloaded the version from the git where it worked really good.
Now i got back to that version because i will need it tomorrow, i just thought it would be good to remind you!
For me this function is very important when working in theater during rehearsal or to adjust some things during the show.

Thanks for all the great work!!
siegmund

Hey,

this is because it has not been merged yet, I'll try to find out if there are any problems.
I'm glad that my feature is helping you but I have to warn you that the code on my branch is not a stable release and maybe you will discover issues that should not bee there. So be warned, don't blame me or any other developer for eventual issues and at least keep a backup so you can quickly switch to a stable QLC+ version.

Regards,
siegmund
caxpern

Hello!

Okey, then i understand. Im aware that this is not to be seen as a stable version and will keep a backup. And of course not blame you if something goes wrong. I really like this feature and thought you maybe just forgot about it. I can let you know if i encounter any problems using it if this helps the development.

Thanks again!
Casper
siegmund

caxpern wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:11 pm I really like this feature and thought you maybe just forgot about it.
I never forget about my open pull requests (;
caxpern wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:11 pm I can let you know if i encounter any problems using it if this helps the development.
Feedback is always helping, as long as it precisely describes the issue you are having (:
mcallegari

Feature is now upstream. Please test
siegmund

First of all, thanks for considering this feature!
Since I don't have an external controller on hand at the moment, I tested this with loopback function. It turns out that it does not work after a page switch.
Have a look at the attached workspace. After a page switch the slider in the frame is still jumping. After moving the slider in the frame manually, it works as expected. The same applies for if you disable and re-enable the frame.
Attachments
catching-test.qxw
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
sbenejam

I did some tests yesterday with a nanoKontrol2. The VC sliders jumped to the value of the physical slider after just moving it.
This evening I'll do more tests.
mcallegari

sbenejam wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 pm I did some tests yesterday with a nanoKontrol2. The VC sliders jumped to the value of the physical slider after just moving it.
This feature is implicitely enabled if there is NO feedback enabled on the controller
At the moment it is rough, I know.
To have it more precise, I should add a flag on the input profiles saying "support motorized faders", cause that's the only case this feature should be disabled.
sbenejam

With the latests changes in GIT this work as expected with a NanoKontrol2 disabling feedback in Input/Output tab. Only thing that the buttons led don't receive feedback from QLC+.
sbenejam

mcallegari wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:25 pm
sbenejam wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 pm I did some tests yesterday with a nanoKontrol2. The VC sliders jumped to the value of the physical slider after just moving it.
This feature is implicitely enabled if there is NO feedback enabled on the controller
To have it more precise, I should add a flag on the input profiles saying "support motorized faders", cause that's the only case this feature should be disabled.
Hi Massimo, what about this feature, add a flag to the input profiles "support motorized faders"?. Have you considered to add this soon?.
I think that it could help to many users.
;-)
mcallegari

sbenejam wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:54 am
mcallegari wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:25 pm
Hi Massimo, what about this feature, add a flag to the input profiles "support motorized faders"?. Have you considered to add this soon?.
I think that it could help to many users.
;-)
Hi Santiago, sorry but these days I'm working hard on QLC+ 5. I wish I have the gift of multiple body and mind instances, but at the moment I don't :)
sbenejam

I know Massimo, I was testing QLC+ 5 yesterday and today I see 6 new commits on GIT.
;-)
mcallegari

sbenejam wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 am I know Massimo, I was testing QLC+ 5 yesterday and today I see 6 new commits on GIT.
;-)
Yeah, I was finalizing some features for this: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11866 ;)
If I remember, you should like the new video stuff
sbenejam

I just seen your new videos explaining QLC+5 new video and 3D features. Are amazing. Good job Massimo.