Button or Slider External Midi Input Causes QLC+ Crash

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
LazarusRS

Hi Guys,

I am new to QLC+. I have purchased a Enttec Open USB DMX interface and am using a Steinberg Midex 3 USB Midi interface I already had. When I try and connect a Virtual Console button or slider to a Midi external input and then enter Operate Mode, QLC+ crashes. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be or if there are any settings I can adjust to try and combat this issue?

Interestingly, when connecting other Virtual Console components to the external midi input, for example an audio trigger (I've not tried every other component), QLC+ doesn't crash and the Midi input turns the audio trigger on and off...
mcallegari

Operating system ?
QLC+ version ?
Workspace ?
LazarusRS

Sorry, Windows 10, v4.11.1.

I created a brand new blank workspace and just added a single button and it still happened
bradster80

Same thing happen s to me on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2 and QLC+ 4.11.1.

Solo Frame, four buttons connected to collections. If external Midi note is configured and the frame is made active the software crashes.

Please help!

-Brad Sites
mcallegari

Does it happen with 4.10.5 or 4.11.0 too ?
Can you please share a simple workspace to reproduce the issue so I can have a look at what's going on ?
bradster80

I have just started using QLC+, so I don't have any previous versions. I will download and try on 4.10.5.

How do I share a workspace so you can look into this?
bradster80

4.10.5 doesn't seem to crash like 4.11.1 does when pushing play on the virtual console. However, one of my light fixtures isn't in 4.10.5 and I'm not sure how to setup the definition for it.
GGGss

In Windows simply copy the needed 4.11 fixture definition files into your \%HOMEPATH%\QLC+\fixtures\ directory - uninstall 4.11, and install 4.10.5
Fixture definitions files found in your user-directory get preference before the files in the project.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
bradster80

Thank you for the help. I was able to copy the fixture definitions from 4.11, then uninstall 4.11 and install 4.10. Copied the fixtures into 4.10. Got everything set back up the way I had it, and no more crashes when starting the virtual console with MIDI notes configured. So, that part is all working well. Thank you!
mcallegari

I've had a look into this.
Not reproduced on Linux.
Not reproduced on macOS (Sierra)
Reproduced on Windows 10 and Windows 7. Just once. If you restart QLC+ it doesn't happen anymore.

I'm afraid this is another Qt+Windows specific issue as already seen on "Fast slider movement" thread.

Looking at the code, I don't seem to see anything strange that could lead to a crash. This is going to be painful to resolve since Windows is a very bad platform to debug issues :cry: