Slider Input Universe

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
kenact

There appears to be a bug in setting the Input Universe on a Slider.

I have followed the instructions in the manual, to
create a Loopback Input in U2 and an Output in U2.
I created a Dimmer in U3
I created 2 scenes, Dimmer-On with the Dimmer at 255 and Dimmer-Off with the Dimmer at 0
I created a Chase with the 2 scenes in it
I created a Slider in VC
I set the Playback to the Chase I created
When I go to the General Screen and click Choose... to select the input universe, I see my Loopback listed
If I highlight my Loopback and click OK, my Input Universe stays at None.
If I click Auto Detect, nothing changes.

I downloaded someone else's project, that has a single loopback, and the Input Universe is set properly, but if I try to reset it, mine goes back to None.

I can get the functionality I'm looking for, if I edit the XML file.

I'm using 4.11.1 on a Dell D630 laptop, with 8gb RAM, a 2.6ghz processor, running Windows 10
GGGss

You duplicated your posts ... DO NOT !!
answer= viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11612#p49832
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kenact

GGGss wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:50 pm You duplicated your posts ... DO NOT !!
answer= viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11612#p49832
I originally posted a usage question. After further investigation, I found it to be an Issue, and said so. I also said I would post it as an issue.

I appreciate that you posted a link showing how to select the Universe, but no matter what I do on that screen, when I return to the General Tab, my Input Universe is "None".

The only work around I have found is to edit the XML file.
kenact

I will now apologize for posting this as an issue. I have finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

I misunderstood the wording "<Double click here to enter channel number manually>"

I understood that to mean, if you don't do it manually, it will be done automatically. That is not what it means. It means you HAVE TO manually enter the channel number.

May I respectfully request a change in the English wording? Instead of "<Double click here to enter channel number manually>", change it to "<Double click here to enter channel number>" of change the dialog box so the user can just enter the channel number, instead of double clicking.
kenact

Maybe a better idea would be a dropdown, that allows you to choose the correct channel. Just a thought.