Bug: Submaster + cue list in a frame does not work properly

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
nkaminski

Bug: Submaster + cue list in a frame does not work properly

Post by nkaminski » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 am

On QLC+ versions 4.11.x (and possibly earlier), if a submaster slider is placed into a frame with a cue list, two fairly significant unwanted behaviors occur:

# If the submaster is set to zero, the submaster ceases to have any effect on the intensity of the cue list and when cues are advanced, all future cues display (incorrectly) at full intensity. This appears to be due to an overly restrictive check in Function::adjustAttribute where -1 is returned and the override not applied if the value of the override is equal to the initial value of AttributeOverride::m_value, which in this case is zero.

# If the same cue/scene is listed twice in succession, or if a random order chaser within a cue list transitions to the same scene that was previously active, such scene is always displayed at full intensity regardless of the value of the submaster. This appears to be due to the logic inside of MasterTimer::timerTickFunctions where when a function is to be restarted, postRun and then preRun are called in order. However this has the unwanted side effect of clearing the override set earlier by the submaster causing the scene to be incorrectly displayed at full intensity.

I have created a pull request with fixed for these two issues as well:

camwolfe

Re: Bug: Submaster + cue list in a frame does not work properly

Post by camwolfe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:19 pm

#1 also applies when you have buttons inside a frame. I attached a workspace where you can see this. As far as I know it worked as expected in QLC+ 4.10.
Attachments
submaster_problem.qxw
(15.39 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

snorreflorre

Post by snorreflorre » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:32 pm

camwolfe wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:19 pm
#1 also applies when you have buttons inside a frame. I attached a workspace where you can see this. As far as I know it worked as expected in QLC+ 4.10.
I can also confirm this issue. It first occured in version 4.11,1, but works as intended in version 4.11.0.
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS x64
  • Kernel: Linux 4.10.0-38-generic
  • QLC-Versions: 4.11.0/4.11.1
  • Interface: Enttec DMX USB PRO
Attachments
example.qxw
(7.15 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

snorreflorre

Post by snorreflorre » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 pm

nkaminski wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 am
I have created a pull request with fixed for these two issues as well:
Unforunately I can't find any pull request on github. What I only found, is a commit on your own fork. Please submit again.

mcallegari

Post by mcallegari » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Fixed on GIT: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/c ... f48ea79e71
One line of code was missing.
Thanks for reporting

nkaminski

Post by nkaminski » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:53 am

It doesn't appear that this issue is 100% fixed though. In the same scenario, where a cue list and submaster are both placed into a frame, or alternatively when a VC slider is used to control the intensity of a chaser, functions jump to full intensity during fade outs. It seems like the fade begins at full function intensity, as opposed to the overridden value set by the submaster.