4.11.0 XY-pad via joystick changes coarse and fine to same value

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Freasy

Hello,
I'm trying to control a moving head with a joystick. So I created an XY-pad and set my joystick axes to pan and tilt, also mode to relative. So far so good, but when I use the joystick, both coarse and fine values are the same. This makes the movement of the fixture even with lowest sensitivity nearly unusable since it's not really possible to get a slow controlled movement. When using the mouse, the correct values are used.
I have this issue with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04, both QLC+ 4.11.0, setting input to absolute or relative doesn't make a change.

<tldr>
- create XY-Pad
- set joystick as input for pan and tilt
- coarse and fine are always set to the same value
</tldr>

I hope I could make clear what my issue is.
Freasy

Am I swimming alone here or isn't this even an issue?
GGGss

Try following ...
select a fixture with only 8bit tilt & pan properties and check if it's still the case ...
I guess the error will be somewhere in the code where the A/D isn't converting propperly
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Freasy

GGGss wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:06 pm Try following ...
select a fixture with only 8bit tilt & pan properties and check if it's still the case ...
I guess the error will be somewhere in the code where the A/D isn't converting propperly
It's also the case when using 8bit (at least the values shown are the same).
scarfface

Hello,
I have the same issue (Same Value for coarse and fine). I tried to use Faders as external contoller with the loopback function (with relative movement in the profile)->same issue.
I made 2 generic dimmer. The faders controll the dimmer. I activiatet the Input and Output in Loopback 1.
When I resize the working area of the MH, coarse and fine have different values. But now I tried to work really fine, therefor I modified the dimmers. Now the (differnt) Values change not that far as i thought and have big stepts. Maybe steps, that are about 2°Pan and 1°Tilt.
Oh, I forgot that worked with the linux version. With Windows there is also another problem. There seems to be a unvisible border.

Maybe you can help me/us.
Scarfface
Attachments
XY-Pad Input Problems.qxw
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 53 times