Not updating OSC or MIDI

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
floger

Like named in the topic, I've found an issue with Remote.
When I attached remote control to faders via OSC (touchOSC) or MIDI (BCF2000), these remote faders are not updated, when the virtual console faders are moved on the web interface.
Further more, the faders of BCF2000 in Mackie HUI mode always jump back to the previous value, when moved, because there is no feedback sent, when the fader movement is done by remote.
So in conclusion it looks like, that the only way to send feedback is to move the fader on the local virtual console.
mcallegari

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Which OS / QLC+ version are you using ?
Have you tried the latest test version here ?
floger

Hello My name is Florian. I'm an eltronic engineer. Normally I'm doing sound in my free time, but now I'm starting to play arround with light. I know what DMX is and how it works. I'm also writing software.

I looked to the documentation, but didn't find what I searched. To be honest I din't read the whole documentation.
I searched in the forum. But I am not sure for what exactly I should search. I didn't find something similar with the words I used.
I tried the latest version 4.11.0.
It's running on Win7 pro 64. But hopefully this doesn't matter in this case.
I don't have any DMX device attached. But I added some fixtures and use ArtNet as output.

To reproduce, start in web mode. Generate any fader on the virtual console. Select an OSC or MIDI device to control it. Move the fader on the web interface => the OSC or MIDI faders don't move.
Similar with the Mackie HUI. When you move the fader of the BCF2000, it jumps back to it's original position, because there is no midi feedback generated, which is essential for HUI.

(I also didn't manage to use the knobs, because they just generate an increment/decrement event. I also have a problem with the feedback of switches in standard MIDI mode. I think both problems need more flexibility of the input value selection, which isn't available at all. But this is not the topic here anyway.)

When I try to open the zip of the test versions the explorer hangs up. Looking into it with 7zip, shows some strange path names. After extracting it, it doesn't run.
mcallegari

Windows test versions are EXE files, not ZIP.
floger

Then the mime type of the files is set wrong. I see the extensioin as exe, but Firefox stores it as zip.
floger

Tested with the latest test version. It's the same here.
mcallegari

floger wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:07 am Then the mime type of the files is set wrong. I see the extensioin as exe, but Firefox stores it as zip.
No comment...
floger

Don't know what you want to tell me. This is the only server where Firefox is thinking that exe files are zip.
When I donwnload the latest released version it stores as exe like it should.

Like I already said, with the latest test software version (renamed to exe and then installed) the feedback of the valuse still doesn't work.
mcallegari

floger wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:04 pm Don't know what you want to tell me. This is the only server where Firefox is thinking that exe files are zip.
Alright, you wanted it.
What I want to say is that you guys are always complaining for some reason. One way or another, it's always someone else's fault. Never your fault.
I hope you do realize the windows test versions are on a BinTray server and not on qlcplus.org.
I hope you do realize that I don't run BinTray.
I hope you do realize that if you see a blank page with some file names ending with .exe...then most likely they are exe files.
I hope you do realize that I don't have a doctor's prescription to do this, and I do it all free of charge.
I hope you do realize that Firefox is not the only browser in the world. In fact Chrome works perfectly on the very same server. (proof below)
Screenshot_20170814_144558.png
floger wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:04 pm Like I already said, with the latest test software version (renamed to exe and then installed) the feedback of the valuse still doesn't work.
The issue is now fixed. Get version 4.11.1.90 and remember it's an exe file ;)
floger

mcallegari wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm What I want to say is that you guys are always complaining for some reason. One way or another, it's always someone else's fault. Never your fault.
Not complayning. Just mention. I don't know if you knew about that problem.
mcallegari wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm I hope you do realize the windows test versions are on a BinTray server and not on qlcplus.org.
Yes
mcallegari wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm I hope you do realize that I don't run BinTray.
Didn't check, but I didn't think that you rund BinTray. But I don't know if you can do settings in your account.
mcallegari wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm I hope you do realize that if you see a blank page with some file names ending with .exe...then most likely they are exe files.
Yes. But it's no FTP but HTTP, so the written text doesn't necessarily match with the file itself.
mcallegari wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm I hope you do realize that I don't have a doctor's prescription to do this, and I do it all free of charge.
Yes, and I'll donate when I actually use it.
I also do a software project in my freetime.
mcallegari wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm I hope you do realize that Firefox is not the only browser in the world. In fact Chrome works perfectly on the very same server. (proof below)
Screenshot_20170814_144558.png
Not necesarily a prove. I realized that it looks the same in Firefox. But it adds .zip while saving.
Yes Firefox is not the only browser, but a widely used one.
I now checked it with an other computer, there it works. I have no idea what went wrong here.
But please understand, that when I get different behavior on different servers, that I don't expect the problem with my browser.
mcallegari wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm
floger wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:04 pm Like I already said, with the latest test software version (renamed to exe and then installed) the feedback of the valuse still doesn't work.
The issue is now fixed. Get version 4.11.1.90 and remember it's an exe file ;)
Thanks. I will check.

Please don't get me wrong! We're on the same side. ;)
floger

The fader movement from the web is now distributed to the remotes.
One thing I forgot to mention: Also when clicking to a fader position on the virtual console, the remote faders don't move. But it works when you click in the web interface. The main fader works fine.

The thing that still doesn't work is the feedback after fader movement of a BCF2000 in Mackie control mode. But this mode doesn't seem to work properly anyway, because of this strange increment/decrement of the encoder, and that the return values are completely different MIDI controllers. Can this be implemented at all with the current structure? Because currently input and ouput controller are always the same. This is also no complaining! Just interest.
The BCF2000 works fine in the standard mode, after some tweaking of the buttons.

BTW, when playing around with the profile for the BCF, I found, that the pitch bend is correctly set, when you select it in the drop down. But when pitch bend is selected, it always jumps to "beat clock: beat".