Click and Go RGB Not updatiing DMX

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
mgweber

Hi, I tried updating from 4.10.5b to 4.11.0 and noticed a change in the behavior of the click and go for an RGB fixture. The intensity for slider works fine but the color control slider does reliably update the DMX value. I have seen it work once or twice in testing but have not yet established a pattern. I experimented with the "monitor levels" mode but that did change what I was seeing with the control behavior.

I have confirmed this on Linux Mint x64 and Windows 10 x64. I am attaching a sample workspace with the the fixture definition files I'm using. The controls in question are in page 1 of the "LED Rows" control on the right side of the console.

Thanks,
Matt
Attachments
Sample.zip
(15.18 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
siegmund

Hey!

I'm sorry but I'm not able to reproduce this with your workspace on Xubuntu 14.04 64Bit. Are you able to reproduce this in a minimal workspace? Are you sure your problem is not simply HTP-related (when using LED color slider on page 2)?

Regards,
siegmund
siegmund

Nevermind - this obviously was an issue. As Massimo said here this is fixed in the test versions and will be fixed as well in the next release.
mgweber

Thanks for the reply.

I created a very simple workspace instead of pairing down my full workspace, I should have done this in the first place. I tried it in 4.11.0 and saw no change in the DMX monitor. I tried it with 4.10.5b and saw the DMX monitor reflect the changes to the rgb dmx values. I added 2 fixtures then attached level mode sliders for Intensity and RGB mode slider for color. I also added a similar pair for a fixture with a fixture definition bundled with QLC+ to see if there could be something odd in my fixture definitions.

I have used these definitions for a few years with no issue and see no issues with them in 4.10.5b so I really don't suspect the fixture definitions. I added the bundled fixture just to try every possibility.

Thanks,
Matt
Attachments
Minimal Sample.qxw
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
mgweber

siegmund wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:42 pm Nevermind - this obviously was an issue. As Massimo said here this is fixed in the test versions and will be fixed as well in the next release.
Great, thanks! I had seen this thread, I really do try to search before I create a new thread but since that thread mentioned several items and RGB was not one of them I wanted to metion it.

Thanks again, and thanks to all for the great work.

Matt
siegmund

mgweber wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:56 pm siegmund wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:42 pm
Nevermind - this obviously was an issue. As Massimo said here this is fixed in the test versions and will be fixed as well in the next release.

Great, thanks! I had seen this thread, I really do try to search before I create a new thread but since that thread mentioned several items and RGB was not one of them I wanted to metion it.
Still I recommend you to try a test version in the software development section!
mgweber

Good news! I tested with the 4.1.11.60 windows build and the DMX monitor indicates the correct values while updating the colors. I won't be able to test with the DMX interface until later this week but stand alone operation looks good.

Thanks,
Matt