Submaster working and not working

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Thorben

Hello everyone, (Massimo, listerning

seems like the submaster subject is every now and again an issue. And now I will probably complicate matters :D.

In the attached project, you will find a solo frame containing lots of buttons, actually with two scenes in them (Haus 1 and Haus 2 (meaning "house"). And on the right side are tons of faders in various frames. I had this all working :cry: . Tons of submasters, and a "Grand Master Submaster", colored red. I hoped that each Submaster would control the output of every frame of lower hierarchy. When I move faders down the first time I touch them, everything is fine. When I move them next time, they will pretend to have come from full value... (If you look at the DMX monitor)

Yesterday, they worked perfectly. Today I open the file, they act weird. :?:

Why do I need all this? This is a virtual console for touring theater going from location to location, working with different kinds of laterns each day, so I need to be able to adjust their general output, and even for the same spot (like Portal Links (in English theatre terms Upstage Left)) I might need two different kinds of laterns (like 2kW and 1kW together), so I set up two "motorized" faders with their own submasters, to act as a sort of limiter. The Submaster called PL Master (Portal Links Master (upstage left master) should influence the output of both subframes, while the red "Grand Master Spiellicht (house lights)" should influence ALL frames. In general they do, but as I said, the moment you touch them a second time... Why did this work yesterday, but today not anymore? Am I already beginning to hallucinate? :P :o :|

Ideas, anyone? Massimo? :)
Attachments
THK MH und Co -Step3.qxw
(85.42 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
siegmund

Hey Thorben, welcome to the forum!

Although I'm German and mostly understand the names for the sliders this seems to me like a very complex setup, which will make it hard to look into it. It would be great if you could reproduce the behavior in a very simple workspace, adding a step-by-step instruction with expected and actual behaviors to test whats wrong.

Regards,
siegmund
Thorben

Hey Siegmund,

right, I narrowed it down to the most important things.

Step 1: Activate
Step 1a: Make sure all submasters are at 100%, Channel Faders ZL1-2 and ZL3-4 at 0%.
Step 2: Open DMX monitor
Step 3: Click on "Haus 2" - this scene contains DMX value 255 (100%) with some fade time. DMX Output on Dimmers ZL1-4 after the fade: 255.
Step 4: Reduce "Grand Master Spiellicht" (red) to 90% (DMX output goes down to 232, while "Remote ZL" still shows 255 (correct!)
Step 5: Reduce ZL1-2 Sub and ZL3-4 sub to any degree, lets say 87% and 94%, DMX output goes down to 201 and 220 while Remote ZL stays at 255 (correct).
Step 6: Play with ZL Master (yellow) or Grand Master Spiellicht (red), and give them both 100% in the end. Now, the values of ZL1-2 Sub and ZL3-4 Sub will be ignored, the DMX output is 255 again (incorrect!), even though ZL 1-2 Sub and ZL 3-4 Sub are still at 87% and 94%.

Right now my idea is, that the submaster may not be within the *same* frame of a fader I want to control, but needs to be at least one level "higher" (like ZL master/Grand Master Spiellicht). Could this be the case? :idea: :?: Let me check this :o

Regards,
Thorben
Attachments
Submaster Testspace.qxw
(12.27 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Thorben

Edit: Nope. It's not a frame thing. And now even the yellow and red submaster will ignore each other. I'm confused :cry: :?:
ruffy8472

Hey,

I ran in the same problem... It seems that the submaster in a higher hierachy always overrides the one underneath it if its value is changed. Is there anything I could do? Maybe a workaround?

regards
ruffy8472
GGGss

Please don't post duplicates ... see other thread
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore