HELP : Event is coming..

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
igorrobertifoc

Hello,
Is 1 month that I try to resolve this problem but without success :|

I attach my workspace, my problem is that buttons on solo frame doesn't turn off and 2 scene are active in a solo frame:
These are steps to look the problem:
- Click "Movimenti lenti" on the left
- Click "Intermittenza BPM" on "Head luminosità" solo frame
- Click "Movimenti lenti 2" on the left

Now on solo frame "Head Luminosità" there is 2 button selected

I try chaser, collections, chaser that call collection with script that stop functions.. but without success :(

can anyone help me please, the event is coming and I think will be not a success :(

Thank you
Attachments
Cattura.PNG
Sample (remapped).qxw
(179.49 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
mlohrey

HI

I followed your steps without being able to reproduce the error (MacOSX 10.12.4 and QLC+4.10.5a). If you open the workspace and go into operate mode and only click the buttons you have mentioned in your post then you would find the same thing.

I think your problem relates to buttons in solo frames controlling collections that have scenes that can be controlled by other buttons in solo frames.

I have added a 'test' button to the workspace to illustrate the point.
Sample (remapped).qxw
Added a test button to show two active buttons in a solo frame
(180.12 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
You may have to rethink your workflow so that you avoid the conflicts.

Cheers

Mark
igorrobertifoc

Thank you very much for your support, I thought to work in a old software not mantained :o

This is the video that show the effect: https://youtu.be/IyMF95xU65o

My PC is windows 10 and the version is 4.10.6 GIT.

I undestood your test button but I think is not possibile this overlap of functions. The workflow seem to be clean, I separate colors/movements/positions/illuminance/EFX on position and all have separate channels to manage. In the solo frame there are only scenes/chaser/efx that can't 'work' toghether.
The collections are only a composition of these 5 macro groups (colors/movements/positions/illuminance/EFX on position).

The final target is to choose a collection and change live (or test). Please check my video and say me that I use a version not stable and the solution is just back the version :D . I use this version because I need the new submaster (but for now is still in development, don't work for me).

Thank you very much
mlohrey

Thanks for posting the video.

From my understanding of solo frames, an item in the frame is deactivated when you select another button by clicking it. You have multiple buttons active in your solo frame because you have activated that item from another solo frame, not by clicking another item in the same frame.

I believe what you are doing is expected behaviour. To avoid this you will have to make sure that a particular scene can only be activated in one solo frame.

Cheers

Mark
siegmund

I'm not able to reproduce this on Xubuntu 14.04 64Bit Qt5 with the latest git sources as well.
Could someone else please try it on windows?

I'm not completely sure if mlohrey is right, because I think solo frames are not supposed to have two active buttons in it - no matter how they have become active.
Anyway, what is the overall solo frame supposed to do?
mlohrey

Click 'both scenes' ;-)
Solo Frame Test.qxw
Example of Two active scenes in a solo frame
(3.96 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
siegmund

Thank you for providing the workspace - I was not aware of that!

Massimo could you please give a comment on that? I would have thought a solo frame is not supposed to have two active buttons in it - no matter how activated. (Documentation says:)
However, the difference with Solo Frame is that it treats any Buttons inside it differently by allowing only one button to be enabled at a time.
In the workspace provided by mlohrey there are definitely two buttons in the same solo frame enabled at the same time. So is it a bug or did I get the concept wrong?
igorrobertifoc

Thank you very much for your response.
IT'S WAS MY FAULT!

Tryying to isolate the problem for show you a video I found a solo frame for the left menu PALCO/PISTA DA BALLO/... Maybe done a late night, beacuse not make sense..
Deleted this, all is working very well :)

Now it's a perfect console :) Maybe now will work the submaster too :D

I attach my result since now because there is a lot of work inside this project and maybe can help someone.
If I have time (beacuse now I start for the holiday) I will do a good UI.

Sorry for wasted your time with this my fault :(
Attachments
Sample (remapped)_migrated.qxw
(179.3 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
igorrobertifoc

I test your patience :) because the submaster is not working :( anyway is a beta OR I don't know how to use ;)

If I set a cue, set submaster 20% of intensity of Head and I change the cue .. the new value is overrided and submaster is ignored. Is maybe the intentional effect?

https://youtu.be/s6H8gxWNQd0

this is an update of my file

Thank you
Attachments
Sample (remapped)_migrated.qxw
(177.73 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
mlohrey

Hi Igor

It is difficult to understand what you are attempting to do as your workspace is complex (and in Italian!), but you will need to remember that submasters, when applied to buttons, will control channels associated with intensity, not anything else.

I am happy to have another look at but can you include your moving head fixture definition.

You might find looking at DMX output while you make changes will help resolve your issues.

Cheers

mark
Baer

I'm not sure if i got from the Video what you are doing, but remember that submaster also works only on the Values inside the same frame. Maybe you set the value somewhere else in your workspace
igorrobertifoc

Thank you Baer,
if, with a collection, outside the frame I set a scene inside the frame with the submaser? The submaster understand that is a scene inside the frame and modify the intensity?

Thank you very much
Baer

not sure about this

First guess would be that submaster has no influence if you activate the scene outside of its frame
But can't tell for sure.
igorrobertifoc

mmm :( I'm thinking a workaround with loop back. The result is that all scenes linked to the illuminance of par (or head) will be moltiplied with a factor (example 50%).

Do you have any idea how to do?
Thank you
igorrobertifoc

Hello, I tested. It dowsn't work, if you turn on a scene outside the frame the submaster is ignored :(

I think is because if you have 2 frame with one scene will work with 2 different submaster

viewtopic.php?t=6873
1.. I'm too late? :)
igorrobertifoc

No way. It's not possible :(