LTP and Sub Master

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
lorenzoandreani

If the Generic RGB fixture as set to LPT the Sub Master in a frame don't work

Look at the attached file (for QLC+ 4.11.0 GIT or higher)
Attachments
LTP and Submaster.qxw
(13.15 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
mcallegari

Bugs season open in Lorenzo's house ! :joy:

Seriously, I had a look into it, and I know why forced LTP channels are not affected by a submaster.
In QLC+ when a LTP channel reaches its target value, the job is done, and it is not considered anymore. This is to save CPU usage.
The usage case you spotted doesn't actually consider this and what you see is not expected.

I need to think about it and see if there is a solution that doesn't impact what works at the moment. (these are the cases where regressions are around the corner...)
lorenzoandreani

Bugs season open in Lorenzo's house ! :joy:
No, how do you know the i really like QLC + project and i'm just trying to migrate various shows made with other software/hardware controllers.
These shows must then be used by a variety of people and must be similar to the previous one.
So I will have the opportunity to better test QLC + contributing to the project.
Seriously, I had a look into it, and I know why forced LTP channels are not affected by a submaster.
In QLC+ when a LTP channel reaches its target value, the job is done, and it is not considered anymore. This is to save CPU usage.
The usage case you spotted doesn't actually consider this and what you see is not expected.

I need to think about it and see if there is a solution that doesn't impact what works at the moment. (these are the cases where regressions are around the corner...)
Yes, it's right.
But the Grand Master should still work.
mcallegari

After digging a little bit further, what I said is not correct.

The issue is elsewhere and I found the exact line of code causing it:
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... l.cpp#L191

...the comment I left says it all...
Unfortunately I don't remember what I was after that made me doing that workaround. I haven't left an explanation in the commit comment too :sob:
Probably I was working on Scene flashing.

So basically the channel group type is temporarily changed from Intensity to Effect, and the submaster value is not applied.
I need to review that part of the code.