4.10.6 - Frame/Page names repeated

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Deece

Just got around to trying 4.10.6. (All current shows finished ..)
Using qt4-git-4.10.6-20170310.2a70ac5-0 amd64

I really like being able to add page names now...but,
Is it intended that the page names are appended to the frame name?

eg
I have a Frame named Stage One,
and 2 Pages named Page1:colours, Page 2:Custom

Now the Frame shows : <Stage One - Page1:colours> and <Page1:colours> between the page select arrows.
and : <Stage One - Page2:custom> and <Page2:custom> between the page select arrows.

thus repeating the page names.
siegmund

Please share your workspace file that illustrates what you are trying to say.
janosvitok

A screenshot may also help (in addition to workspace).
Deece

Sorry,.
FrameNameExample.qxw
An example
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
siegmund

I can see nothing odd in here. It is intended to show the frame name in addition to the page name, since as you have in your workspace maybe page names are the same in several frames - so nobody could tell which frame is for stage one if not showing the frame name...
Deece

Yes, I agree with you, but, the Page Name is displayed in the top right - with the page selector,
the Frame Name is displayed in the top left AND the Page Name is also displayed in the top left.
So the Page Name is displayed twice, in two places: once in the Frame Name space AND once in the page selector space.

So whenever a page is changed, the displayed Frame Name changes! I would expect only the Page Name to change. The Frame Name should not change.

If this is intentional, then fine, I'll just put a blank label over the Frame Name to block out the Page Name.

I have operators who (considering they are working with lights) are quite dim, and very literal.
If I ask them to adjust something in Frame Stage One, they will say "no such thing, but there is a Frame Stage One - Page1 : Colours"
"Oh wait, that's gone, it's now Frame Stage One - Page2 : Custom"
Believe me, having a Frame change names really freaks them out.
siegmund

Okay this is a bit controversial. On the one hand, I fully agree with you, that redundant displaying of the page name is a waste of space. On the other hand this was mainly introduced because if you have very long page names, the whole name will not be displayed in the drop down field. So if not there, it will be displayed nowhere. So it is displayed in the heading of the frame.
Talking about "heading" I want to get to namings:
Let's say the text in the header of the frame is the heading. The heading consists of a frame name and a page name. Between them there is a "-". If there is no frame name, only the page name is displayed. If there is no page name, only the frame name is displayed. Is there none of them, nothing is displayed.

I see that this might confuse users that always associated the text in the heading with the frame name, but it's mainly just an addition in the frame's header.
Deece

OK, Thanks for explaining. We'll just have to live with it...

I can pad the Frame Name with spaces at the front, and push the <- Page name> under the page selector so it's hidden.

Thanks again.