Input Profiles not honored on other than Page 1

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
mdmayfield

Widgets inside a frame with Pages enabled, on Pages other than 1, do not fully honor external Input Profiles.

For example, using Toggle buttons with the Automat5 TouchOSC Input Profile, widgets on the root frame or on Page 1 of a nested frame respond correctly on/off per press, but widgets on Page >1 of a Frame respond incorrectly on/(no response)/off/(no response).

This issue is present in QLC+ 4.10.5b and in 4.10.6 GIT as of the latest uploaded Mac OS version.

Here is a short 1-minute video demonstrating the issue: https://youtu.be/TyYwm9OYf3E

Attached is a .qxw file to allow the issue to be reproduced easily.

Thanks,

Matt
Attachments
Input Profile Page Issue.qxw
(5.78 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
mdmayfield

Note that in the video I'm using 4.10.6 TEST dated 2017-01-14. After looking through the source I think it must be a build from before the siegmund42/choose-input commit since I encounter that (separate) issue in the video, as well.
siegmund

mdmayfield wrote:Note that in the video I'm using 4.10.6 TEST dated 2017-01-14. After looking through the source I think it must be a build from before the siegmund42/choose-input commit since I encounter that (separate) issue in the video, as well.
The issue you're experiencing in the very end of the video is fixed by the mentioned commit. First, please use the very latest GIT sources to test.
mdmayfield

siegmund wrote:
mdmayfield wrote:Note that in the video I'm using 4.10.6 TEST dated 2017-01-14. After looking through the source I think it must be a build from before the siegmund42/choose-input commit since I encounter that (separate) issue in the video, as well.
The issue you're experiencing in the very end of the video is fixed by the mentioned commit. First, please use the very latest GIT sources to test.
Thanks. Yes, I am not concerned about the second issue since I know it has been fixed from reading the source.

I will work on getting the necessary software installed to compile QLC+ from latest source. In the meantime, if anyone else can reproduce this issue who already has the very latest GIT code running, I would be very grateful.
siegmund

I gave it a try and see what you mean. (For easier reproducing I made a workspace with loopback as external input).
The weird thing is, that if you go to a page which is not page 1, reassign the external input, it works until the page is switched again.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Go to operate mode
  • click "Ext in" (external input for DUMMY-buttons in frame)
  • DUMMY turns on
  • press "Ext in" again
  • DUMMY turns of
  • Switch to page 2, press "Ext in"
  • DUMMY turns on - so far everything as expected
  • press "Ext in" again
  • DUMMY stays on. [not as expected] This is probably since the option of the input profile "generate extra zero" is not taken into account.
  • If you reassign the external input to DUMMY button on page 2, everything works as expected until the next page switch.
Since I don't know something about the implementation of input profiles, yet, could someone please have a look into it?

Regards,
siegmund
Attachments
input profile.qxw
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
siegmund

I tried to fix this. If you are able to build from sources, it would be great if you could test it. It's on the "input-profile-pages" branch: https://github.com/siegmund42/qlcplus/t ... file-pages
The issue itself seems to be fixed but since I have no external controller at hand I am not sure if this breaks something else, so I would appreciate if you can test with your production workspaces.
Thanks!
mdmayfield

Ausgezeichnet! Yes, the Input Profile does work as expected coming from OSC. Thank you very much!
siegmund

Great, thanks for testing! :)