Widgets not behaving correctly

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
AussieJohn

I have set up a number of scenes to test out (and learn) QLC+. I am loving it so far (by the way).

However, I am having an annoying problem that I can't seem to resolve.

I have setup some simple buttons in Virtual Console(VC) to trigger each of my scenes. My understanding is the button acts like a toggle - toggle on, then press again for toggle off. However, this does not seem to be working! I can toggle on OK, but when I toggle off, some lights stay on (not all). Different buttons leave on different lights. When I press the next scene button to on, all is good - it is showing the correct lighting mix that I set up. The only way that I can turn off the lights is to do a "Blackout".

At first I thought it was something with my fixtures. Also, I have made sure that simple desk has been reset before I begin.

However, if I go to the Function tab, and click on the scene it works perfectly. If I click away from the scene, it goes off correctly. It only seems to be a problem with the VC widget.

I am using QLC 4.10.5b on Windows10.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
janosvitok

Hi,

try to search LTP in this forum. LTP channels stay on even after the button is released.
You can find a description of the problem/mechanism and possible solutions.

If that does not help, please post your workspace (qxw) and custom fixture definitions (qxf) along with steps to reproduce (click on this, check that, expected behavior/output is... you get it).

Jano
AussieJohn

Thanks for the tip Jano.

I have it working properly now. The problem was in the fixture definition.

regards
John
magicaltrevor70

I am having a similar problem...what was wrong with your fixture definition?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out my problem...I was using generic accidentally