Cue List Steps Fader not responding to OSC correctly

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
rekliner

Before i finished this I found it functioned correctly if the OSC values are between 0 and 1 (descending as the cues increase is sorta weird but fine)

so this is minor now but probably still worth fixing: If you send integer values from 1 to 255 as the OSC message it moves the fader correctly until it gets to 127. Above that it jumps to the 255 position and stays there. Its easily reproducible with any size cue list and several recent versions.

I personally think it would make a lot more sense if integer values picked the cue number rather than the fader position. Maybe that could be a different control channel.

Also you may want to change the wording in the properties panel when its set to steps mode to indicate that only the "left fader" is used. maybe just disable the right fader settings when steps is selected.
mcallegari

So you're talking about an OSC issue without telling us which OSC controller you used to see it...
rekliner

The osc is not the issue. the fader is moving onscreen properly in response to the osc value. The cue list sends the values properly when moving the fader by hand. And most telling is that everything works perfectly in 4.11.

The osc command is just a named address with a float value between 0 and 1 that is mapped to the fader and is being received and mapped just fine. The sending software is called LoopCode.

(wonderful program BTW)
rekliner

(sorry i replied to this year old post thinking it was in response to my new similar topic so that last reply didnt make sense)

I use the programs Ctrlr (using the osc preset) and LoopCode to send QLC+ osc commands. They are very simple commands with address and number. I was only suggesting that QLC have the flexibility to respond to an integer message in addition to the float value it currently takes...but that would only be a matter of convenience and i understand your priority is QLC 5.