Audio trigger has to be reassigned to cuelist

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
ArvidGustafsson

Hi

I'm using several audiotriggers to different cuelists. Randomly the audiotrigger just doesnt affect the cuelist. By reassigning it to the same cuelist it works again (next button is pressed when triggered).

Anyone else had this?

Arvid
MrJeff01

I had a similar issue that I posted a while back or added to another post..
viewtopic.php?p=45122

I found that Mac and Windows had the issue with audio triggers.
I also just today found that the Linux version of QLC+ works fine on Ubuntu (16.04 LTS) and does not lose the queue lists from my audio triggers. It also seems to behave better with my OpenDMX USB controller (Windows 10 starts stuttering the DMX stream after about an hour or so)

-Jeff
ezywave

Same issue here. OS-X 10.10.5 with Enttec USB Pro DMX Interface. 4 different audio triggers all connected to different cue lists.
I am using this to control colors, movements and brightness patterns with different divisors via separate chasers and combine these elements dynamically instead of having to program everything into the same scene.

Worked nicely at first, yet after a restart of the SW and reload of the show the assignments to cue lists are randomly forgotten. That is that in the audio trigger settings>(frequency band)>virtual console assistant it says "no assistant", instead of the cue list that was previously assigned. Reassigning the cue list fixes it and it works as intended. Until the next restart, when the game above might start over again.

Any fix or work around in sight? Thanks!
ezywave

just realize this post overlaps with "audio trigger unable to retain assigned widget" started by dtrannet on Set 5, 2016. Not sure if they can both be merged, but the issue appears to be identical...
mcallegari

Can someone please share a simple workspace and the steps to reproduce the issue ?

I don't have much time, so that would speed up the resolution of the issue.

[EDIT] I think I found something and I corrected it. Please test the latest Windows TEST version
However, the most important thing was missing in this report:
- load a project -> save it -> widget reference lost
- load a project -> go to operate mode -> enable triggers -> save -> widget reference NOT lost

That would have saved me some time trying to find out what was going on.
ezywave

Massimo - thanks for looking into this.
I don't have a windows PC, just tried again on my Mac and can confirm the following
1. open project > assign triggers > save > reopen project -> audio triggers still there
2. open that very project again > save > reopen project -> audio triggers lost

So 2. is independent if I go to operate mode in a session or not. It seems to mainly have to do with assigning the triggers in the same session before saving.
As soon as another save is performed without having assigned the triggers in the same session the trigger assignment is forgotten.

I wasn't aware of this dependency at first, so it appeared random to me it he triggers were forgotten or not.

Hope that helps and thanks again!
ezywave

BTW, enclosed is my workspace, saved directly after assigning the triggers. they were still there after re-opening, did not save again.
WorkSpace with audio Triggers for Chasers - Test.qxw
(366.74 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
FYI- there are 4 different audio triggers in this workspace:

a) Chaser Triggers x1 , x2, x4 are set to advance the active color chaser(s), they can be selected mutually exclusive with different divisors as required
b) Audio 2 DMX level is used to trigger a flash of defined intensity and length with every beat

Nice stuff, but still work in progress, also in combination with the other controls...