Blank virtual console since upgrading to 4.10.4 from 4.8.5

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
juski

I've got a weird issue where I have a file saved from 4.8.5 & it won't populate the virtual console page with my controls. They're still in the file, but I just can't see them in QLC & if I add a new button its name is button1, as if none of my buttons have been loaded.

At first I thought this might be due to a new XML parser - I've found the Equinox Gigabar profile I contributed wouldn't load in 4.10.4 because of the (prolight concepts) text in the brackets. With those removed from the fixture definition it can load my workspace fine (I changed the name in the workspace file carefully too). I found a button name with brackets in the title,so I edited that wherever I found it but still no.

For what it's worth all the functions I've defined are there & seem to work.

The workspace in question is attached. And FYI it still works fine in 4.8.5.
Attachments
jus1.qxw
(98.06 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
juski

Well, it seems a few things were wrong with my older workspace which I'd somehow got away with.

First of all,the inputoutputmap section in my old workspace was like

Code: Select all

<InputOutputMap>
   <Universe Name="Universe 2" ID="1" Passthrough="False">
    <Output Plugin="DMX USB" Line="0"/>
   </Universe>
   <Universe Name="Universe 3" ID="2" Passthrough="False"/>
   <Universe Name="Universe 4" ID="3" Passthrough="False"/>
   <Universe Name="Universe 1" ID="0" Passthrough="False"/>
  </InputOutputMap> 
and one from a freshly created workspace was like

Code: Select all

InputOutputMap>
   <Universe Name="Universe 1" ID="0" Passthrough="False"/>
   <Universe Name="Universe 2" ID="1" Passthrough="False">
    <Output Plugin="DMX USB" Line="4294967295"/>
   </Universe>
   <Universe Name="Universe 3" ID="2" Passthrough="False"/>
   <Universe Name="Universe 4" ID="3" Passthrough="False"/>
  </InputOutputMap>
So I put that in the file & now I get my console back. Yeah I know it's a bit of a mess but I'm working on doing it all properly.

There was the inputoutputmap & a few namespaces which I wasn't using anyway - cleaning the inputoutputmap section was what brought the virtual console back though it seems. Hope this is helpful to somebody
KuluOrr

Disappearing Virtual Console when switching computers - SOLVED:

Thanks so much for this post!

I was recently stumped when trying to use my QLC+ workspaces with my backup MacBook. It's completely identical to my work MacBook, and everything is set up exactly the same, yet for some reason the QLC+ projects appear there with a blank Virtual Console: All the functions, sequences, scenes, chases and fixtures are there but all widgets vanished.

Reading your post I figured perhaps it was a backwards-comparability problem, re-installed QLC+ on the backup Mac (the previous installed version was several months old) and Voila! The Virtual Console appeared in full glory.

Thanks!