Choose external input does not consider page number

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
siegmund

Hey guys,

another bug has been discovered by benste here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10600
It's about the External input dialogue when using the "Choose..." button. If you're using a frame with multiple pages, you are not able to choose an external input on the specific page. Auto detect is working as expected
Please have a look at the attached workspace. The left frame was created with the "Clone first page" option enabled and works as expected.

Steps to reproduce:
--- show that auto detect is working correctly ---
1 - Go to live mode, click the "Chaser" button, now the first loopback channel flips from 255 to 0 every 500ms (needed for auto detection)
2 - Go to page 2 in the right frame
3 - Go to live edit and bring up the settings dialogue for the fader, click auto detect and it is filled with "1: ? (Page 2)" (as expected)
--- choose is not working ---
4 - Disabled auto detect and click "choose" in the settings dialogue of the slider on page 2 of the right frame.
5 - Choose loopback 1, input channel number 1. Input channel now says "1: ?" - no page modifier (not as expected)

Tested on Xubuntu 14.04 64-Bit with QLC+ 4.10.5a (Qt5)

Regards,
siegmund
Attachments
page modifier.qxw
(7.28 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
siegmund

Could someone please be so kind and have a look into this? Since it is working with auto detect it should not be too complicated to fix.
It's really annoying to always use a chaser and auto detect instead of simply input channel number.

Thanks in advance! :)
mcallegari

I think there's something missing in this report.
Were you using an input profile for the loopback input that you forgot to share ?

Cause when I click on manual channel selection, the list is empty.

Isn't there an easier way to see this issue ?
siegmund

mcallegari wrote:Were you using an input profile for the loopback input that you forgot to share ?
No I didn't.
mcallegari wrote:Cause when I click on manual channel selection, the list is empty.
Yes I just typed the channel number (1) manually.
mcallegari wrote:Isn't there an easier way to see this issue ?
To see the issue itself you just have to:
siegmund wrote:Steps to reproduce:
4 - Click "choose" in the settings dialogue of the slider on page 2 of the right frame.
5 - Choose loopback 1, input channel number 1 (manually). Input channel now says "1: ?" - no page modifier (not as expected)
The additional steps are just to show that it is working with auto detect.
siegmund

For the record: This is now fixed in GIT