simple LED PARs won't stop flashing

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
jsimpsonS8

Hello - I've created a basic 4ch definition for an LED par...dimmer, R,G,B. It works, but the light will not stay solidly lit, flashing at a constant rate. I also created a 6ch definition for the light, same result but when I turn up the strobe fader the variable fade rate seems to be clashing with the constant strobing it always does, the strobing becomes very erratic. I've tried hooking only that light (I have four of them, they all do it) to the uDMX interface, nothing else in the DMX chain and I get the same result. The light in question:

http://www.cheaplights.com/manuals/102gl7up.pdf

Everything else in my DMX chain works perfectly, two Chauvet 4Bars and two Chauvet 4Plays.....so I do not suspect the uDMX interface. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
janosvitok

Can you post your definition (qxf) and workspace (qxw) here?
Do you set the channels 5 and 6 to 0? Did you play with Simple Desk? If so, you must reset it if you want to use Virtual Console.
jsimpsonS8

Thanks for the reply! Yes I did set channels 5 and 6 to 0 and have only tried operating the light from Simple Desk.

Even with that being the only light, a single DMX cord running to it (and terminated), the strobing remains constant as soon as the dimmer is raised. WIll attach the qxw and qxf below. Thanks again for the assist!
SinglePar_Problem.qxw
the one-light workspace
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
GraciLite-7UP.qxf
The simple definition I created
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
jsimpsonS8

I should add that I was able to install Freestyler and play around with it, getting the same PAR lights to work just fine. Checking their profile settings, they seem to be identical to what I created in QLC+. Seems pretty odd.
janosvitok

I checked the files. They look OK. Some comments:

- try to use the 6 channel definition (I suppose the light physically has only 6 channel mode)
- try to raise channel #7 so that all channels are transmitted -- it might be possible that output plugin sends only used/non-zero channels to save bandwidth and some lights do not like that
- try to change uDMX parameters: http://qlcplus.org/docs/parameterstuning.html#uDMX

- unrelated: for the strobe channel, "Shutter" category is usually used, but it will not affect anything
Leslie76

I have had the same problem with Equinox RGB Power Battens, they can be set to many different number of channels. Originally I wanted them as 4ch RGB master dimmer but they wouldn’t stop flashing. I found increasing them to a 14ch effect solved the problem & just meant I had to tell pairs of segments to all be the same colour as we only want the battens to work as one.
djhurt

Same issue here, i have a rgbw led par cans with 8 channel, also doing the strobe. attached is my qlc work file maybe i did wrong. also please check why i cannot make my two moving heads do the eight movement of efx or circle only just tilting.
Attachments
LIGHTS SCENE ON APC.qxw
(91.92 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
edogawa

2 of 4 fixture definitions are missing, and the Mini Kinta one doesn't load correctly (I can choose it from the device list though), can you post them too?
djhurt

sorry i attached the standard setup of mine didn't include the moving heads definition. i will update later thanks for your reply. my moving heads name is Lixada 7 in 1 104watts i just found it here maybe that's not correct definition.
Attachments
Lixada-ProPAR-56RGBW.qxf
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Lixada-PY-70.qxf
(5.31 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
syarbrough

Know this is an old thread but thought I'd a dd my 2 cents..
I am also using the Lixada moving head 107W units (2 of them)... Had been using generic LED par cans (the 120led noname units) and with the prior version 4.11.x of QLC+ and everything working pretty much as expected (or as used to anyway)..

Updated the software to the latest 4.12.0 on my MB pro AND updated to Lixada RGBW 30w par cans (8 of them) to replace th no name units.

First time with the updated rig running last night noticed a new behavior.... Some of the RBGW pars would be blinkig or stuck in a color NOT in the current active function.
First time it happened I thought the PAR was bad so swapped it with a spare, it came on doing the exact same thing (so not the light but the DMX command)...

After looking thru everything while this was happening I found that the Simple desk page showed sliders up that were NOT in the current active function (and the strobe slider wasnt in ANY of the functions for the show..
I hit the reset 'X' on simple desk and all lights immedietly set to the commanded function!

I occured 9 more times in 2-1/2 hrs, not the same functions and not the same stuck light issues (some strobing, some just wrong color output)... every time if I went to Simple Desk and hit the 'X', they immediately jumped back in line to what they were programmed to be doing...
It only appeared to be happening on the RBGW par lights, but the motion lights were not being use very much other than stationery 'spots' on the singer and only changed colors 3 or 4 times in 2-1/2 hrs, the pars were running chases and fades with each song... So I can not say for sure that the motion lights were not affected the same way.

I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this in the new version? Can there be a bug that is causing random channels to 'stick'?
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA
mcallegari

@Scott, can you please try the latest test version and see if the issue is resolved ?
I'll upload a macOS build later tonight.
syarbrough

Sorry for the delay in reply. Was busy with non light related projects for the holidays :)

I have a Christmas Barn Dance tonight with the rig, will try and get a chance to install the test version prior to that. If I don't get tie tonight I will install in tomorrow and do some testing with it this weekend.

Next scheduled show is on Jan 5th with the rig, but I plan to do some scene and effects programming between now and then also so can do some continued testing during that time as well.

Will let you know

Thanks!
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA
syarbrough

Didn't have time between leaving work and the dance to install the test version, but the 4.12.0 definetly reared it's head with what I've started calling the 'hit-X bug'' :)

About every other song ending, when I hit the button I have programmed for 'stop all', then go to a full stage white wash for the band between songs I'd get one or two lights that were still stuck in the last song color until I hit the 'x' then they came right out of it until next time...
It wasn't the same lights every time, I watched for that thinking it might be a receiver issue but it would move from tower to tower randomly as the night moved on... ( I have 4 towers, one on each corner around the stage, front two have 2par and 1ml, rear two have 2par only currently).. Interestingly enough, it only seems to be the Pars that get 'stuck'... I dont remember the ML units doing it at all during the dance...

I'll be installing the test version in the next 48hrs, and playing with it this weekend to see what I can find.
Next actual live use will be on Jan 5th.
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA
GGGss

Scot,

I'm really curious seeing your project ... what you are describing makes no sense... I think you are making 'logical' errors (forget to reset a channel in your reset-all cue ...)
Or did you manage to have your lights in LTP mode?

Send in your project and let us have a look...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
syarbrough

GGGss wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:44 am Scot,

I'm really curious seeing your project ... what you are describing makes no sense... I think you are making 'logical' errors (forget to reset a channel in your reset-all cue ...)
Or did you manage to have your lights in LTP mode?

Send in your project and let us have a look...
Will copy the file when I'm at that computer... Its at home in the gig bag, and I'm 40 miles away on my phone right now.

I'm using the built-in "Stop All" function programmed to a button.

Am looking at creating some sort of stop function that will stop everything then fade in the full white stage lights for between songs. But right now it's just using the built in 'stop all'
---
Scott Yarbrough
RWLights
Hanford, CA