Chasers with Collections and Fade times

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
mlohrey

I am doing some theatrical lighting for a production and am using a cuelist in the virtual console to move from one lighting plot to the next in a chaser.

I am in the process of creating a plot with a standard scene (main lights) and an RGB effect (some flashing LED Cans). I have used a collection to combine these two things. It all works well when played from the function manager.

I added it the chaser and added some fade in time (so the plot change isn't too severe). Unfortunately, this seems to affect the RGBMatrix and it doesn't move from step to step. I am assuming the fade time in the chaser is somehow being applied to the RGBMatrix steps?

I created a fader in virtual console using the Collection, to test the behaviour and the Collection fades up and down as I expected, with the RGBMatix working.

Is it possible to add fade in or out time to a collection within a chaser with out affecting an RGBMatrix that is within the collection?

Cheers

Mark
mlohrey

I have done some further testing and simplified the situation a little.

I created a sequence (with a few steps) and added it to a chaser. I then added some fade-in time in the chaser.

The fade-in time then seems to be applied to each step of the sequence when it runs.

I expected that fade-in time in the chaser would be independent of the fade in times for the sequence.
mlohrey

Production is over... woo hoo. It was great fun but time consuming.

I have had a chance to test this on a Windows machine and the result is the same.

I guess the software is designed to do this. It would be nice, for theatre type cues, to be able to fade up a sequence or other effect without affecting the individual steps.

My work around was to add some faders and then I could gradually fade in and fade out the sequences and RGBMatrices. Just needed more hands and a higher level of concentration :)

Cheers

(Using MacOSX 10.11.6 and QLC+ 4.10.4)
dennismazzolin

hello everyone! i use qlc+ 4.10.5b on linux. when i create a cheser with his fade in times it run correctly in function page, but when i add cheser on fader in virtual consolle, fade in times are not working. Someone had the same problem? tks.